TJ bounces hard on rear passenger side

ahartend

2003 Jeep Wrangler with a 2.5" RC lift kit, recently bouncing hard on left rear passenger side like I lost a shock or coil spring is bad??

Looking for some advice, I've had the RC 2.5" lift kit for 1.5yrs. do I have bad coil spring or has the shock gone bad. It feels like I'm riding on the coil and shock is not dampening. And no it's not a mail Jeep :cool:

It's all there, RC is sending me another replacement shock, it's my wife daily driver, it's for show and go, just need to get her back on the road, I weary of her driving it on the freeways, so it's just been a grocery getter for 2wks. now. Here pictures of the left side coil springs and right side, they both don't look right??

IMG_3793.jpg

IMG_3794.jpg

The springs look intact, funny that the coils are closer together on top on one side and bottom on the other. If RC is sending out another shock, no questions asked, then it could just be a defective part and they've seen this before.

They have a 3yr warranty they say, I bought them in Nov. 2018, had them installed in Jan. 2019 so I have some time to figure out what needs replaced, I'm waiting on the shock, once I change them out then I'll know if that fixes it or not. Thanks!

The springs look intact, funny that the coils are closer together on top on one side and bottom on the other. If RC is sending out another shock, no questions asked, then it could just be a defective part and they've seen this before.
yeah they look like there in opposite of each other don't they?

coil springs don't so much "go bad". Unless the actual spring wire just breaks (which I have seen before), their job is simply to support the weight of the Jeep at the desired ride height, so if it's doing that, it's fine.

If it's bouncing like you describe I'd say almost 100% a bad shock.

Reactions: Alex01
It does look like one of the springs was installed upside down.

Pictures from other TJ's would help if possible, so I can fix it, Thanks
Flip the passenger side over so it looks like the driver's side. Like JJVW said though it will not have any effect on ride, just aesthetics.
IMG_3794.jpg