• Want to add an app icon for this forum to your mobile device's home screen? Check out this thread to see how.
  • Have an event you want to share? Check out the new forum event calendar and how-to use it in this thread here.
  • To both new members and existing members, please read this thread about posting your topics in the correct sub-forum. It makes my job (and my life) a lot easier!

TJ coming soon....

RV-TJ

Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2019
Peoria, IL
Hey all -- Just signed up. I'm within a week or so away of having my 2nd TJ in the drive. Back in 1994, I had a 1979 CJ7 -- AMC 304 V8 auto. Sold it when I bought my 1st house. In 1997, bought a new 97 TJ, 4.0L, 5 spd, hardtop...SOOO fun. Sold it in 2001 when we moved from tent camping to travel trailers.

Today, we have a new motorhome. Have a couple TJ's that I'm trying to narrow down with additional pics / pricing / etc. So, I'm hoping to use the knowledge here for upgrades (has been years .... 18 of them....since owning a TJ) for fun off-road adventures.

We have campsites booked at Rocky Mtn NP in Colorado in July so got time to get 'er ready...when she gets in the driveway....for a Colorado adventure.

Reactions: Chris

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Oh man, I'll bet you're excited. Sounds like the experience of a lifetime, having an RV, towing the TJ behind it, and getting to travel all over. One day when I'm older and the kids are grown, I would love to do this.

OP
RV-TJ

RV-TJ

Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2019
Peoria, IL
We are excited! Wife and I still have kids at home...ranging from 10 to 16. We outgrew a travel trailer. A TJ is not huge, but will fit us for some slow crawling fun.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
I definitely see lots of Wranglers being towed behind RVs. Hell, I would venture to say that it's probably one of the most common vehicles to be towed behind an RV!

OP
RV-TJ

RV-TJ

Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2019
Peoria, IL
I still have my Jeep branded luggage -- a duffle and a garment bag -- that came with my new 1997 TJ back in the day -- still use the luggage on occasion. As I was signing up on this forum, it hit me that it was 22 years ago ---- YIKES I feel old -- that TJ was my first new car of any kind. But, still have the luggage !!!

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
I still have my Jeep branded luggage -- a duffle and a garment bag -- that came with my new 1997 TJ back in the day -- still use the luggage on occasion. As I was signing up on this forum, it hit me that it was 22 years ago ---- YIKES I feel old -- that TJ was my first new car of any kind. But, still have the luggage !!!
That’s pretty cool! I didn’t even know they made luggage! It is pretty hard to believe it’s been 22 years since the TJ was introduced. It sure has aged well!

OP
RV-TJ

RV-TJ

Supporting Member
Jan 4, 2019
Peoria, IL
Well, the deed is done! Just bought a 2005 TJ, 4.0L, auto, hardtop X model from Salt Lake City UT. 44,000 miles! Super clean and stock. A clean slate to do a few mods, and have fun.

I live near Peoria, IL. 1200 miles away from SLC...YIKES! I've had cars shipped before but the quotes are outrages and since Barret-Jackson is coming soon, no one can do it until Feb or March.

So, I'm flying 1 way from Peoria to SLC, $270, with the dealer picking me up. I'll then make the 1200 mile trek home. FUN !!!!! (really, I'll enjoy it)

2005_jeep_wrangler__1.jpeg

2005_jeep_wrangler__9.jpeg

2005_jeep_wrangler__11.jpeg

2005_jeep_wrangler__19.jpeg

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 28, 2015
Salem, Oregon
Looks like a super clean TJ!

I've done this more times than I can count... buying a one way ticket, having the dealer pick me up at the airport, and then driving it home.

Glad it all worked out for you!