TJ cruise control install

Hey Everyone,
Im a bit new to the jeep world and just baught my own TJ back in April of this year. I had the seats recovered, installed a new sound system, and lots of other misc. things of that nature. I noticed that in the cluster there was a cruise control light but no cruise control in the car. I would love to find a way to wire up cruise control in the car as a project! If anyone could give me details on how to do this or if im missing anything please let me know! It is a Jeep Sport with the 2.5L engine in it.
Thanks

@tomtaylz is going to do this mod. He already has the parts so he may be able to provide some info he gathered. From my understanding you buy the kit off ebay or somewhere similar and its plug and play. Do you know if any 2.5 came with factory cruise?

Reactions: tomtaylz
I installed factory cruise control on my TJ. Probably the easiest thing I've ever done. All the wiring was already there, so everything was just plug-and-play. Probably took me 20 minutes at most.

Reactions: ElectricWizard
I installed factory cruise control on my TJ. Probably the easiest thing I've ever done. All the wiring was already there, so everything was just plug-and-play. Probably took me 20 minutes at most.
Music to my ears! Is there a parts list or something? I haven't searched yet but will definitely give the forum a thorough search tomorrow at "work."

Music to my ears! Is there a parts list or something? I haven't searched yet but will definitely give the forum a thorough search tomorrow at "work."

Here's the official installation instructions as provided with the Mopar cruise control kit (part number 82209481).

They no longer make the kit, but you may be able to find some leftover new old stock, or you can source out the parts individually from eBay or http://car-part.com.

Most 03-06 models were pre-wired for cruise control (which is covered in these instructions). If yours is, then the install will be as easy as mine is. If yours isn't, you'll need an additional wiring harness for under the hood.

Attachments

• Cruise Control Install.pdf
    463.2 KB · Views: 712