TJ cuts out and jerks when giving it too much throttle

YelaJacket05

New Member.....I have a 05 wrangler x, 4.0 6 speed, not sure what the problem is I have never seen anything like this before, took it to the shop they didn't know what caused it either, neither could the dealership, when driving,idling, ext. if you press the gas to much or too fast it will cut out, where the engine tries to die, gauges all cut out, jerks around while doing it if i let off the pedal it'll go back to normal, it will do it when I take off a lot and have to be careful or it will stall out hooked a scanner up to it and it never pulled anything up because the check engine light hasn't come on I changed the tps and it still continued.....any help?

New Member.....I have a 05 wrangler x, 4.0 6 speed, not sure what the problem is I have never seen anything like this before, took it to the shop they didn't know what caused it either, neither could the dealership, when driving,idling, ext. if you press the gas to much or too fast it will cut out, where the engine tries to die, gauges all cut out, jerks around while doing it if i let off the pedal it'll go back to normal, it will do it when I take off a lot and have to be careful or it will stall out hooked a scanner up to it and it never pulled anything up because the check engine light hasn't come on I changed the tps and it still continued.....any help?
Maybe the fuel pump is on its way out? Issue with the injectors Maybe? Sounds like a fuel related issue.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: KCsTJ and skrelnik
my WAG would be throttle position sensor if I ignore the gauge symptom. The OBD2 software I use will show the reading of the tps in percentage. With the engine not started press the gas pedal. Then have a passenger watch the readings while driving around.

Check if your catalytic converters are not clogged. On my 06 TJ they were clogged. I replaced the fuel pump thinking it was that but I still had the same problem I could barely go 8,9, 10 mph maybe less and would feel like if it was about to die. No codes. Turns out it was the clogged converters.

So did you ever figure out what was wrong with your TJ?

I am having the same issue could use some help. ! i got a great deal on my Jeep - but im about ready to throw in the towel!!!