TJ decisions

Yep, look at my avatar pic… the sidewalls might be a little outside, but tread is fully under

I was going to ask how you like the RT tires, but I see now they're out of production. Shame, seems like the mix of road/off-road I was looking for...

Nice looking Jeeps!

The 2000 with the 31’s looks like it has 10” wide wheels which is just wrong in my opinion

The 2000 with the 31’s looks like it has 10” wide wheels which is just wrong in my opinion

If you mean the white 2000 in post # 1 yes it came with 10" wide wheels. The tires are nearly new and I'm going to run with them for a year or so then put a set of stock Ravines on it when I get new tires. The Ravines are stashed in my shed for now. I don't know who the idiot was that thought a 10.5" tire needed a 10" wheel. Once I get rid of them I can install the original fender flares as well.

Reactions: chili_pepper
If you mean the white 2000 in post # 1 yes it came with 10" wide wheels. The tires are nearly new and I'm going to run with them for a year or so then put a set of stock Ravines on it when I get new tires. The Ravines are stashed in my shed for now. I don't know who the idiot was that thought a 10.5" tire needed a 10" wheel. Once I get rid of them I can install the original fender flares as well.

Ravines are my favorite wheels and will look great with 31’s

Ravines are my favorite wheels and will look great with 31’s

I concur on both accounts...

IMG_20230512_153940_01.jpg

Reactions: GPK03X
I was going to ask how you like the RT tires, but I see now they're out of production. Shame, seems like the mix of road/off-road I was looking for...

Nice looking Jeeps!

TJ has the old 31x10.5x15 BFG AT tires (before they had the KO designation) They are showing signs of dry-rot and need replacing in a few weeks.

JT is running MT Baja Boss MT 35x12.5x17. These tires are the best all around tires I've had. Mud and soft dirt, they bite down hard. In the rocks, they grip nicely and the side biters really help a lot. The only thing I'd do differently next tire change, is go with the AT version so they would be a little quieter and have better wear.

Reactions: chili_pepper
TJ has the old 31x10.5x15 BFG AT tires

Mine came with this size tire on soft 8's when I purchased it, had over 2" of tread beyond stock flares. Looked great, no bueno for inspection and not so nice for folks behind. I swapped out for the Ravines, guesstimating it would get me at least 1.5" back, which it did. But the tread on the KO2's was still proud of the flare by ~1/2". I'm not sure if they measure to tread (contact patch) or sidewall here for inspection, but I still wasn't going to pass on either. That's why I asked initially.

I've ended up with a set of Rubi flares, installed last evening, that cover everything. I should be good for the mech/safety inspection, at least in the area of wheels and tires.

IMG_20230518_065501443.jpg

IMG_20230518_065528592.jpg

Reactions: MikekiM