TJ failure

Jeep1975

Hello

I live in France, I have a JEEP WRANGLER from 2002, a 4L SAHARA automatic gearbox
I had a problem this week

It's been over a year since I have my TJ, and so far no breakdown ... until Saturday
I was driving quietly in town, when all of a sudden, misfires, lights that come on (engine light, key, petrol), then it stalls ...
I park on the side ... then after 15mn, it restarts then again the same thing ... a 3rd time ... then it does not start at all anymore, I decide to tow it home

Yesterday, I removed the crankshaft sensor, I tested it .. no resistance, no voltage

Assembly of the crankshaft sensor done ... I was happy ... then suddenly 10 to 15 minutes after ... rebelote ... it stalled and then more way to restart with the same lights

Last night, I disconnected the 2 battery terminals and I crossed them
I then started and the nearly 30mn Jeep did not stall, it was only when I did a reverse, it stalled
I do not understand anything

What should I change in your opinion?
Coils?
Have you ever had this problem? What could it be ?

I would definitely pull and inspect the coil since that was what caused my similar problem. Mine was cracked but you could only tell after it was pulled off. Have you checked any codes with a scanner?

Reactions: John Cooper
[QUOTE = "jeepins, post: 608159, membre: 6645"]
Je voudrais certainement tirer et inspecter la bobine car c'est ce qui a causé mon problème similaire. Le mien était fissuré mais on ne pouvait le dire qu'après l'avoir retiré. Avez-vous vérifié des codes avec un scanner?
[/CITATION]

Merci
Non je n'ai pas pu faire de scan
Qu'utilisez-vous pour JEEP?

I would definitely pull and inspect the coil since that was what caused my similar problem. Mine was cracked but you could only tell after it was pulled off. Have you checked any codes with a scanner?
I suspect you have a pre-2000 since you have a coil. In 2000 they moved to a coil pack/rail on the plugs themselves.

1592398483166.png
Most auto parts stores here in US will let you borrow or run a scan themselves.

Yes.. @mrblaine I just realized that too and didn't find out about that until I was troubleshooting my 98.

View attachment 170426 Most auto parts stores here in US will let you borrow or run a scan themselves.

Yes.. @mrblaine I just realized that too and didn't find out about that until I was troubleshooting my 98.
View attachment 170426 Most auto parts stores here in US will let you borrow or run a scan themselves.

You can give me a link on Amazon or Ebay so that I can order one
One that works on JEEP TJ thanks

You don't need a scanner to check for codes. Simply put the key in the ignition, and cycle the ignition from Accessory to Run 3 times (without starting it) and any codes will flash across the odometer, followed by "donE".

(A scanner can be useful in other regards though.)

Reactions: jeepins
You don't need a scanner to check for codes. Simply put the key in the ignition, and cycle the ignition from Accessory to Run 3 times (without starting it) and any codes will flash across the odometer, followed by "donE".

(A scanner can be useful in other regards though.)

yes i already did, it gives me no fault code, it registers direct DONE

Reactions: Steel City 06
Hi
Well I changed the idle sensor, removing it was dirty, I cleaned and I put it back
it does not put me any more indicator, but when I make reverse by pressing strongly on the accelerator, it stalls
What could it be ?

Well I spent the suitcase ... not enough fuel flow ... I ordered the pump on ROCKAUTO

By cons I do not understand why the Jeep stalls when I engage the reverse gear ... an idea?

Well I spent the suitcase ... not enough fuel flow ... I ordered the pump on ROCKAUTO

By cons I do not understand why the Jeep stalls when I engage the reverse gear ... an idea?

your symptoms are strange. My only experience to relate would be when the coil rail in my 2004 went out it had the misfiring and it was very hard to diagnose as definitely bad or failed. Not knowing how the pre 2000 coils are controlled, replacing what is sending spark would be a start. Are the plugs in good condition? When my coil-rail failed it would misfire under load. It could be and just theorizing that Reverse gear puts the motor under more load and thus causes your problem to be amplified.

[QUOTE = "Chris, message: 619807, membre: 1"]
Vous avez besoin d'un manomètre de carburant et vous utiliseriez la soupape Schrader sur la rampe de carburant pour vérifier la pression.
[/CITATION]

Oui le débit a été contrôlé, il est bas ... mais quel est le lien entre le calage au verso et le débit d'essence?

[QUOTE = "B00mb00m, message: 619837, membre: 16225"]
vos symptômes sont étranges. Ma seule expérience à raconter serait quand le rail de bobine de mon 2004 est sorti, il a eu un raté et il était très difficile de diagnostiquer définitivement mauvais ou échoué. Ne pas savoir comment les bobines pré 2000 sont contrôlées, remplacer ce qui envoie une étincelle serait un début. Les fiches sont-elles en bon état? Lorsque mon rail de bobine est tombé en panne, il aurait raté sous la charge. Il se pourrait et juste en théorisant que la marche arrière met le moteur sous plus de charge et provoque ainsi l'amplification de votre problème.
[/CITATION]

J'ai déjà changé la rampe de moulinet ... mais le problème persiste; nous changeons la pompe à essence

• Haha
Reactions: billiebob