Looking for input on fender options

kpford11

Hey y’all! I want to replace the stock fenders on my rig and was hoping for some input. I’m a fan of the highline look but I’m open to anything that y’all think looks good (I’m hoping to get a more aggressive look). If y’all would post picture of your jeeps/ fenders and what brand they are I’d be eternally grateful. Also, I’m running 33in KO2s right now if that’s helpful

Happy Jeeping and TIA,

Kyle

Highlines over 33s isn't going to do anything that factory fenders don't already do. I'm assuming that by highline, you mean a fender that requires cutting the hood and relocating everything attached to the inner fenders.

Hey y’all! I want to replace the stock fenders on my rig and was hoping for some input. I’m a fan of the highline look but I’m open to anything that y’all think looks good (I’m hoping to get a more aggressive look). If y’all would post picture of your jeeps/ fenders and what brand they are I’d be eternally grateful. Also, I’m running 33in KO2s right now if that’s helpful

Happy Jeeping and TIA,

Kyle
Aggressive look - go for the angry grille!
1591185229021.png

or go for this fenders by Brute:
1591185033141.png

Highlines over 33s isn't going to do anything that factory fenders don't already do. I'm assuming that by highline, you mean a fender that requires cutting the hood and relocating everything attached to the inner fenders.

To be completely honest, I haven’t looked a whole lot into the install part of it but I’d probably want something that doesn’t take a whole lot of cutting in case I want to go another direction at some point. The main reasons I want new fenders is to eliminate the rubbing I get when turning relatively sharp and for a cosmetic difference. If highlines require a lot of cutting is there a different type of fender you would recommend?

Also, when I bought my jeep the fenders that we’re on there already were wider than original so maybe I should look into flares that aren’t as wide.

I really like the look of the fenders I attached (not these exact ones but something similar) but if you have other recommendations I’d love to hear your opinion.

F38D95A9-4120-4DAD-BCF2-76C61A7B87D9.png

To be completely honest, I haven’t looked a whole lot into the install part of it but I’d probably want something that doesn’t take a whole lot of cutting in case I want to go another direction at some point. The main reasons I want new fenders is to eliminate the rubbing I get when turning relatively sharp and for a cosmetic difference. If highlines require a lot of cutting is there a different type of fender you would recommend?

Also, when I bought my jeep the fenders that we’re on there already were wider than original so maybe I should look into flares that aren’t as wide.

I really like the look of the fenders I attached (not these exact ones but something similar) but if you have other recommendations I’d love to hear your opinion.

View attachment 167029

Cosmetic is one thing, and you're on your own on that. 33s under factory fenders with the appropriate amount of lift and proper setup don't rub the fenders. The will also only rub the flares during full stuff events on the trail.

Last edited:

View attachment 167029
Look at the EAG front fenders for the Jeep TJ the seriously sell them on amazon it is what is on mine I have had no issues. Install is nerve racking however.

Likley a stupid question, but is there any way to get a JK front fender or flare to work on the TJ?🤷‍♂️ We only get a few choices for looks and style, while the JK has dozens of different designs. I know anything can be 'made' to fit, I'm talking minor adjustments. I would think the rears could be mounted fairly easily with a few new nutserts added.

Without cutting the original fender, etc not too many options. My TJ has the 33"(measure out to 32.5) and a 3" lift and had no rubbing on it at all. I went with the EAG tube fenders with the 3" flare built in mostly because the stock fenders were severely rusted and wanted to keep it simple, as well as serviceable.

You're gonna have to cut for anything other than flares on the stock fenders.
MCE's need to be cut out to install.
If your tire hits something on a sharp turn, chances are it's not your fenders, it's prb your track bar, or backspacing on your wheels.

Reactions: jjvw
Highlines are a bit of work. The hood is cut 3" on either side and everything underneath the hood, needs moved. Probably not exactly what you are looking for.

20200303_115324.jpg
20200530_110916.jpg

Reactions: jjvw
I have aluminum Metalcloak, no cutting, but if I could do it again I’d go highline. I’ll go highline eventually. If you want my MC’s I can sell them to you to fund my high lines. Lol, 😉

I went with Alum. Genright Fenders, Now some will say they don't offer any more clearance than stock that maybe so. But I personally feel I did get a little extra room not as much as highline, but I did because I always like the looks of flat fenders and it's my jeep :)

IMG_4737.JPG

jeep 3.jpg

IMG_5494.jpg

2_zpsa00df954.JPG

Reactions: DuncLJ
I went with Alum. Genright Fenders, Now some will say they don't offer any more clearance than stock that maybe so. But I personally feel I did get a little extra room not as much as highline, but I did because I always like the looks of flat fenders and it's my jeep :)

View attachment 167571

View attachment 167576

View attachment 167579

View attachment 167580

Because they are GR, you got more room at the rear wall, but not above the tire. Depending on where your front axle sits, there is likely some benefit for 35"+ tires.

Personally, I’m not a fan on flat fenders unless you’re running A stubby bumper that doesn’t stick out much past the grill and 40”+ tires. For 35’s and less, I like the factory Rubicon flares.

I’ve got Rubicon flares, ARB bumper, no body lift and 35’s
970CD8E4-4261-45F8-9381-212630D1DAEA.jpeg