TJ Fest 2021
Join us in Moab, Utah from 4/24/2021 to 5/1/2021 for the first annual TJ Fest 2021. Click here for more information.

Utah TJ Fest 2021 - Adventure Route into Moab

toximus

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Who would be up for taking the Rimrocker trail into Moab for TJ Fest 2021?

It looks like the trail will add 5-6 hours to the overall drive compared to taking the highway the entire way.

(Full details will go here as this event gets closer.)

2020-07-10_15-51-14.png

It looks like it could be a fun little jaunt to start out the week in Moab!

https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/1843-rimrocker (See attached PDF with full article.)

The Rimrocker Trail is a route of connected trails that allows you to enjoy 160 miles of off-pavement travel while experiencing the many different stunning landscapes that connect Montrose, Colorado to Moab, Utah. The trail is an especially vibrant destination to travel through the aspens during their fall color changes as well as stopping for the fantastic views at the overlooks. Towards the west end of the trail, the Manti-La Sal National Forest provides beautiful scenery and wildlife as well as gorgeous views of the La Sal Mountains. As you approach Moab, the landscape quickly turns from forest into desert as it transitions to some shelf roads built of the signature Moab red sand.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: rasband
OP
toximus

toximus

TJ Expert
Supporting Member
Depending on how things fall into place, I could see either eastern caravans and Denver guys meeting up and doing this leg of the journey as a caravan on the way to TJ Fest or if everyone is traveling separately it could be a fun section to do solo. Let me know if there's interest in a caravan and we can figure out a time (or maybe setup a few meeting times/days, depending)!

It doesn't look like there's much beyond gravel road driving and a few small rocks to drive over but it could be a fun way to start the week!

taylormade73

Apprentice Thread Derailer
Supporting Member
Sounds like fun. You trying to break my rig before we even get to Moab, lol?

rasband

Another PCM bites the dust
Supporting Member
This looks pretty mild, but I’m thinking about it for this fall. I bet the spring is even better, I’d likely join for a caravan for TJ fest.

kmq102

TJ Enthusiast
Looks awesome and I'll be stopping over in Denver. Only issue is trying to convince my wife to drive the F150 with trailer through the Rockies to Moab while I run the trail.

Reactions: Apparition

someguysjeep

TJ Addict
Lifetime Supporting Member
Looks awesome and I'll be stopping over in Denver. Only issue is trying to convince my wife to drive the F150 with trailer through the Rockies to Moab while I run the trail.
same issue........ no way she'll take the hauler around by herself. i do wanna check out Grand Junction though. if the property were not so dam expensive i'd like to find a place out there.

Reactions: Apparition

oldjeepman

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Depends on snowfall this winter. Late April it may not be open. But I would do it..

RustyAutoholicGuy

Kubota Diesel Wrangler Guy
Supporting Member
Actually I'm interested in doing this, I'll be coming from VA and by the time I hit Denver I'm sure I'll be sick of highways! I still haven't figured out the route I'm taking yet either.

Reactions: rasband