TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So how do you like this radio? I may have an intercom system on its way and this will play nice with it. Thinking go rugged over Midland.
In hindsight the radio I have is really the same radio as the Midland CT2000 without the RR mark up.it’s programmable and “unlocked” as far as I can tell, still waiting to test the GMRS capability.

Reactions: Apparition
So how do you like this radio? I may have an intercom system on its way and this will play nice with it. Thinking go rugged over Midland.
To add to this; I bought my radio 5 years ago when the “radio west“ was a little wilder and I think I can program any channel in it that I want, not sure about the Midland CT2000. An intercom would be cool, I have a headset for mine.

image.jpg

Prep for the TJ Fest includes running some easy trails to check out BlackSheep. I’m in Utah from last week through TJFest, including EJS.

if anyone else is out here, shout out. I’m game for running any trails up to the RR4W rating of about 7. Easier is great for this week and early next week as the scenery is amazing anyway.
There maybe a few of us that just want to take in the scenery I get there on Friday 24. Email is [email protected]

Getting excited here! I spent a ton of time backpacking all over the area many years ago but only minimal wheeling - tj prep is on my mind and is causing anxiety. The good kind I guess.
- I am about 150 miles into my gear break in, focusing on that and should make it in time to drop diff oil and feel good about it.
- new tires and wheels are on their way but may not make it on the rig in time as I'm not sure I'll have time to pull the springs and fully cycle the suspension after moving up to 35s. 33s may have to do on this run.
- planning on going over things and making a local run to feel things out as a lot of new parts have found their way on there the past few weeks.
Regardless I can't wait! The family is coming along so I'm working on an itinerary that will reflect that and some of the tougher trails may have wait til next time. Booo. Camping at Ken's Lake for first few days then moving up to vrbo later in the week. Hopefully will run into some of you along the way!

Reactions: Apparition
Getting excited here! I spent a ton of time backpacking all over the area many years ago but only minimal wheeling - tj prep is on my mind and is causing anxiety. The good kind I guess.
- I am about 150 miles into my gear break in, focusing on that and should make it in time to drop diff oil and feel good about it.
- new tires and wheels are on their way but may not make it on the rig in time as I'm not sure I'll have time to pull the springs and fully cycle the suspension after moving up to 35s. 33s may have to do on this run.
- planning on going over things and making a local run to feel things out as a lot of new parts have found their way on there the past few weeks.
Regardless I can't wait! The family is coming along so I'm working on an itinerary that will reflect that and some of the tougher trails may have wait til next time. Booo. Camping at Ken's Lake for first few days then moving up to vrbo later in the week. Hopefully will run into some of you along the way!
Mount the 35’s and bring a sawzall. Just in case.

To add to this; I bought my radio 5 years ago when the “radio west“ was a little wilder and I think I can program any channel in it that I want, not sure about the Midland CT2000. An intercom would be cool, I have a headset for mine.

View attachment 236290
I run an intercom system with a GMRS in my side by side, pretty nice.

IMG_20210101_151458020_HDR.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.