TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! That's sad. I got to see it two years ago. One of the info signs talked about an effort to reenforce with concrete sometime in the 1930s. It was determined that it is better to let nature run it's course.
20190307_131112.jpg

Reactions: Apparition
Absolutely! We will figure out start times and meeting places in the coming weeks. Keep an eye out for the updated schedule.
A friendly heads up. I'll be joining your group Saturday only. Looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Reactions: jjvw and rasband
I had a question for @jjvw and I did not see how to PM someone. I'm headed to Grand Junction from Moab. I saw were you posted a route that would go through there. my question is would a 5 x 8 utility trailer make it to GJ from Moab?

Last edited:
I had a question for jjvw and I did not see how to PM someone. I'm headed to Grand Junction from Moab. I saw were you posted a route that would go through there. my question is would a 5 x 8 utility trailer make it to GJ from Moab?
You have to tag jjvw by putting the @ symbol before his name. @jjvw

I had a question for @jjvw and I did not see how to PM someone. I'm headed to Grand Junction from Moab. I saw were you posted a route that would go through there. my question is would a 5 x 8 utility trailer make it to GJ from Moab?
If the trailer is road worthy, I can't see why not. It's paved the whole way.

I built an excel file with all the trails the three teams are running on which day. I did this to avoid running the same trails as other groups to keep the traffic jam low.

Team LJ will be meeting at various trailheads at specific times based on the trails we will be running that day. We will leave the meeting location at a specific time too. Since there has been little to no organization to this point I set up our days accordingly.

Everybody meeting at one place and then pairing off WILL be a cluster fuck; too many rigs. Hence the reason for proper prior planning. People will need to evaluate the trails and their rig's capabilities PRIOR to showing up the day of the trail run! They can't do that unless they have a trail list. Everybody meeting up at the end of the day is doable. That's the time to discuss what trails you want to run the next day!

I've used sub-topics per Day very successfully in the past on my forums. You click on that day and you can see the Plan of the Day! I mentioned this in a private message I believe. You need a forum section called TJ Fest and not use the Regional Forums. It also really helps if the grab ass is kept to a minimum on those posts, unlike this thread. Wading through page after page of "dick pics" is a waste of time when you are trying to get information for a trail run.

Look, I'm not trying to come across as a dick. I know what it takes to pull this off. I'm investing lots of time and money into making this an excellent experience for the people in my group, like I've done for my Colorado trips. I respect their time and money they are spending for their vacation as well. A well organized event is paramount with a large group. If its only two or three buddies getting together for a trail run, you can wing it.

I've offered my help in the past and I'm offering again. Create a TJ Fest sub-group and let me moderate it and I can guarantee you it will work wonders. Or don't you trust me?
If there's an actual 'signup' sheet, and one particular group or day gets too big; maybe there can be multiple start times? Like 7am and 9 am.
Also, those with families may appreciate the extra time loading up in the morning.

Reactions: J&M’s ICON
I have been casually flipping through this thread over the last few months and have not noticed any type of coordination to make this a “Fest”. Is seems like just a bunch of dudes that happen to be in Moab at the same time that may happen to run into someone on the trail.

Is there any plan (maybe I missed it in this or another dedicated thread) to have a meet and greet, maybe some prearranged times to be at certain trail heads?

I think I am going to head out there but just unsure what to expect...

I have been casually flipping through this thread over the last few months and have not noticed any type of coordination to make this a “Fest”. Is seems like just a bunch of dudes that happen to be in Moab at the same time that may happen to run into someone on the trail.

Is there any plan (maybe I missed it in this or another dedicated thread) to have a meet and greet, maybe some prearranged times to be at certain trail heads?

There was a little talk about a meet up on page 112 (post 2234). Never heard from Chris, other than it's not an official event.

I agree it would be nice to have at least one 'get together', trail or otherwise, for everyone who went out of their way to make the trip.

Reactions: lowranger and Tob

What you see is what you will get.

Status
Not open for further replies.