TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think @JMT is going to be on a mission to do the Escalator on Hells Revenge Trail. I’ve never been to Top of the World, Dead Horse Point, or the trails in Arches National Monument.
I bet you're right. He really wanted to run it towards the end last time.

Reactions: DrDmoney
@Chris are you going to get another TJ?

I thought you knew that by now ;)

There's been chatter about it for a long time, but I've been holding off until we close on our new home on May 12th. My mortgage broker told me to "avoid any large purchases until you are closed on the house". Apparently large purchases can make the sale of a home fall through, so I'm doing my best.

Sucks because I have a number of TJs in mind that I would have bought right now if only I didn't have to hold off until May 12th :mad:

I thought you knew that by now ;)

There's been chatter about it for a long time, but I've been holding off until we close on our new home on May 12th. My mortgage broker told me to "avoid any large purchases until you are closed on the house". Apparently large purchases can make the sale of a home fall through, so I'm doing my best.

Sucks because I have a number of TJs in mind that I would have bought right now if only I didn't have to hold off until May 12th :mad:
Get that house man! Plenty of hidden gem TJ/LJs popping up, you’ll be good my the time we all meet in Moab!

Reactions: Alex01
Get that house man! Plenty of hidden gem TJ/LJs popping up, you’ll be good my the time we all meet in Moab!

Yep, one step at a time. Can't wait to get the house so then I can move onto the TJ ;)

Yep, one step at a time. Can't wait to get the house so then I can move onto the TJ ;)

What model ya lookin for? Are you going to
Build this one different, more mild, or more extreme?

What model ya lookin for? Are you going to
Build this one different? More mild, or more extreme?

I’m looking at both TJs and LJs. I am focusing more around color. I really want a red one with half doors.

I’d like to keep it mild, but I’m not sure how well I can stick to that, as owning these things are such a temptation to always go bigger. 🤣

Sounds like a fun trip, if I’m available I may try to make it.

Hoping to knock off the remaining Moab badge of honor trails this year so I’d be up for anything next year.

I’m looking at both TJs and LJs. I am focusing more around color. I really want a red one with half doors.

I’d like to keep it mild, but I’m not sure how well I can stick to that, as owning these things are such a temptation to always go bigger. 🤣

Chili pepper red is probably the only color I’d sell my yellow one for. 🌶

I have absolutely no idea what next April/May looks like but I will certainly give this some serious thought as I would love to meet up with a bunch of you and Jeep around Moab.

Put me down for tentative! 👍

I think @JMT is going to be on a mission to do the Escalator on Hells Revenge Trail. I’ve never been to Top of the World, Dead Horse Point, or the trails in Arches National Monument.
The Escalator, yes. It’s a drivers challenge more than anything. I’ll be working on off camber stuff in the meantime. Humor me @Alex01. You have a great memory @DrDmoney .

ihavent done Dead Horse Point either, so I’m game, easy trail.Done 4 hours of Arches last summer during a drive by.

Reactions: DrDmoney
The Escalator, yes. It’s a drivers challenge more than anything. I’ll be working on off camber stuff in the meantime. Humor me @Alex01. You have a great memory @DrDmoney .

ihavent done Dead Horse Point either, so I’m game, easy trail.Done 4 hours of Arches last summer during a drive by.
Too bad we didn't get a photo of that shelf road we were on. I can't say I am comfortable with off camber yet but every trip it gets a bit better.

For everyone else imagine being the lead jeep, a road with about 6" of clearance to a cliff (could have been more but felt like even less), drivers side is on the wall, and having @JMT directing you to turn towards the ledge.... My jeep was solidly driving up the drivers side wall 🤣

I'll attempt escalator if you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.