TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this turns out anything like the club events in my area:

1. An assload of people will RSVP as "yes", commenting nonstop about how they're "so excited".
2. The night before and morning of, 90% of participants back out with various excuses.
3. Of those that remain, most don't even show up.

Holy crap, I hope I'm wrong this time around.
Trip is a year away, life happens but I think a large percentage will make the trip.

I'm not spending all this money to NOT go to Moab.

My new tent came in today. Having a little backyard camping session tonight.
Also, little air beds for the childrens. I never was so lucky as a kid 🤣

IMG_20200501_190114_MP.jpg

IMG_20200501_190055.jpg

IMG_20200501_175051.jpg

1. An assload of people will RSVP as "yes", commenting nonstop about how they're "so excited".
2. The night before and morning of, 90% of participants back out with various excuses.

If I don't show up I'm stuck on the side of the road desperately trying to fix my TJ!

But yeah I worry about this as well! I really want to experience a massive Jeep caravan traveling to Moab!

I do think one or two will drop last minute but I'm hoping the majority of us show up!!!

I also really want to put faces to members I've been chatting with on here and to check out other their TJs. I've built mine in a vary specific way but I still feel like I have an open canvas to work with!!!

-Grant

If a mass drop out happens it will be 3 months before, or whenever final deposits are due.

I'll be there. My FIL and I already committed last year when we left. If I have it my way I'll be booking moab 2023 in a few years.

I'll be honest, I had no idea anyone was using anything but CBs. I knew HAM radios were used, but since those require a license, they seem a lot more uncommon than CBs.

Remember, it's "official" ;)

Life does happen. This cooties crap has reminded me of that fact. I've looked at Moab several times over the years, I'm not getting any younger and I'll never "be able" to afford it. So I said F-it, we're going, bout time . Therefore that's why I rented us a Jeep & a room

Life does happen. This cooties crap has reminded me of that fact. I've looked at Moab several times over the years, I'm not getting any younger and I'll never "be able" to afford it. So I said F-it, we're going, bout time . Therefore that's why I rented us a Jeep & a room
One of the In4Lo vids on Amazon prime deals with what you just said. The guy rented a Jeep too. Worth a watch.

On the subject of radios. Don't know if the rental has one.

Am I understanding the context correctly? You need a ham license for one of those handheld baofeng's?

On the subject of radios. Don't know if the rental has one.

Am I understanding the context correctly? You need a ham license for one of those handheld beofeng's?
Only to broadcast unless it's an emergency. A handheld CB will also work though.

I won’t commit until I can guarantee I’d be there
Same. I have to wait on my university to release the schedule for 2021 before I can commit. Only way I'm going to make it is if spring break coincides or if final exams finish right before the trip. That's the only reason I was going to be able to catch this year's EJS, because spring break barely coincided with EJS.

Reactions: Apparition
Looks like you can buy access to the episode on Amazon. One of the members here created it but I haven’t seen him around.

https://www.notarubicon.com/in4lo-season-2-episode-3-moab-in4lo-now-on-amazon-prime/

Just watched that episode with my wife and she reminded me of my fear of heights then called me a "chicken 🤬". 🤣

So three thoughts as I was watching this:
1st Thank god for my doubler, I swear I'm going to do ascents and descents in double low gear so I don't have to rely solely on my brakes.
2nd I'm going to have to get over some of my fear of heights which is has been a rather major problem for me.
3rd Third I'm beginning to wonder how well I can keep up with everyone else having 1.25" body lift and barely 32" tall tires! I think my 15.25" of ground clearance might be my saving grace here!

My final thought is I'm not going to try being a hero, I want to enjoy Moab and see what my TJ can do but I also want everyone's honest opinion if they think an obstacle will be unsafe for my TJ!

-Grant

Status
Not open for further replies.