TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do your homework on what trails you would like to go on. The point of the trip is to enjoy yourself. You don't have to try to keep up with anyone or think you have to be a hero if you don't want to do anything. The whole group won't be on one trail. There will be a lot of people and they will break up and go on trails they want to go on and feel comfortable on. Join in with a group that is going on a trail you feel comfortable on. Or pick a trail yourself and ask who wants to join you, you'll have takers that will join you. Have fun and enjoy, it's a great place, trails for all level of skills.

I did Porcupine Rim. Every time I looked out of my driver’s side window, I thought I was going to poop myself.

My tires were always a foot away from what looked to be a one mile drop straight down.

A group I wheeled with here in Texas has a good system for there runs. They breakdown the groups by category.
Easy
Moderate
Extreme
The have the different levels for skill levels and type of equipment you are running and it works well.

Great 👍 idea. @Chris
Wondering how many would consider themselves Extreme?

I'm not sure what Chris is thinking but my goal was just to get fellow jeepers in one location. I figured we'd sit at the bar and talk about trails / plans when we arrived. I have no intention of setting a schedule.

I'm open to this event changing into something like that but I'll also be there with my FIL in his jku so the last thing I want is for him to feel like I neglected him. That said last year we spent most the time with the group.
20190502_152714.jpg
20190429_103529.jpg
20190428_090148.jpg

Yep, I'm going to definitely rent something. I'll probably get a truck from Enterprise and a trailer from U-Haul to tow it with. I'm not going to drive a TJ 8 hours to wheel it and then hope it makes it home. Not to mention with the wife and kids in tow, a big truck would provide us room to all fit, plus bring our baggage.
X2

Reactions: Chris
The club members have enough spare mobile radios to equip all the guests that show up with one. I always carry two, next project is to mount a mobile unit in the jeep, just been to lazy to do it.
@CaliSteve which club do you roll with? I’d like to start getting in on some more wheeling trips with a club.

Reactions: Alex01
What would be considered a good number. This forum has a very large base compared to smaller local clubs that only end up with a handful that show up.

The CJ-8.org club organizes a national event every year in a different location and get a really good turnout.

I will be there since my trip this year was canceled due to the “CV” word, a few others I know will be there too.

I'll bet you with the stretched wheelbase on that TJ, it probably rides really damn good, especially on the highway.

Also, in regards to the badges, I'm thinking something like this:

View attachment 157921

The back would have double sided sticky tape. They'd be very high quality though. I'm sure I could have it done in plastic, but for some reason metal seems more appealing (albeit more expensive obviously).
The guy from overland bound does a metal badge. Wonder what company he uses 🤔

Reactions: Chris
@CaliSteve which club do you roll with? I’d like to start getting in on some more wheeling trips with a club.
Belong to the Dirt Devils, check out dirtdevils.org
Under normal circumstances there are usually 2 runs a month, lots of overnight runs through most of the year.
They meet at Zitos pizza in Tustin Ca. 1st tuesday of every month 7 p.m., guest are always welcome, I think they have about 80 members, not sure where you are but if this isn't local to you there are plenty of clubs just search google for jeep or offroad clubs. DD is not jeep specific, all 4-wheel vehicles are welcome

Reactions: Nickgsjeep
I'm not sure what Chris is thinking but my goal was just to get fellow jeepers in one location. I figured we'd sit at the bar and talk about trails / plans when we arrived. I have no intention of setting a schedule.

I'm open to this event changing into something like that but I'll also be there with my FIL in his jku so the last thing I want is for him to feel like I neglected him. That said last year we spent most the time with the group.
View attachment 158240View attachment 158242View attachment 158238
It was merely a suggestion as to something I had experienced before and shared it. Didn’t know if it would be of any use.

Reactions: Wildman and Alex01
Status
Not open for further replies.