TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure what Chris is thinking but my goal was just to get fellow jeepers in one location. I figured we'd sit at the bar and talk about trails / plans when we arrived. I have no intention of setting a schedule.

I'm open to this event changing into something like that but I'll also be there with my FIL in his jku so the last thing I want is for him to feel like I neglected him. That said last year we spent most the time with the group.
View attachment 158240View attachment 158242View attachment 158238

I understand what you are saying. Here is my take on this. Jeepsunlimted did more or less the same thing before they went DEFUNK and what happened with them was that everyone would meet at the City Market each morning @ 8AM. And then folks would decided what trail they wanted to run and groups would peel off and go their own way.

IMGP0430.jpg

IMGP0432.jpg

Again this way folks can decide if they want to run easy, moderate or HARDCORE trails for the day. And then some of people would plan to meet earlier the next day if they were going to one of the trails farther away from town.

@Chris I know people are throwin ideas at you for stickers and other stuff. The JU group had flags made so you could identify other rigs that were in town for the event. Again just throwing ideas out there for you.

I understand what you are saying. Here is my take on this. Jeepsunlimted did more or less the same thing before they went DEFUNK and what happened with them was that everyone would meet at the City Market each morning @ 8AM. And then folks would decided what trail they wanted to run and groups would peel off and go their own way.

View attachment 158303

View attachment 158304

Again this way folks can decide if they want to run easy, moderate or HARDCORE trails for the day. And then some of people would plan to meet earlier the next day if they were going to one of the trails farther away from town.

@Chris I know people are throwin ideas at you for stickers and other stuff. The JU group had flags made so you could identify other rigs that were in town for the event. Again just throwing ideas out there for you.

Flags are a good idea, yes! I'll have to look into this, as I imagine I could have some flags made for very cheap, and we could probably just attach them to our CB antennas, right?

I'm not sure what Chris is thinking but my goal was just to get fellow jeepers in one location. I figured we'd sit at the bar and talk about trails / plans when we arrived. I have no intention of setting a schedule.

I'm open to this event changing into something like that but I'll also be there with my FIL in his jku so the last thing I want is for him to feel like I neglected him. That said last year we spent most the time with the group.
View attachment 158240View attachment 158242View attachment 158238

This was my idea as well.

I mean I'd like us to wheel together as much as possible (or at least in groups), but I'm not sure we'll go as far as setting a schedule or anything.

I mean I don't think it's going to be like EJS with vendor tents setup or anything. More or less a ton of TJs gathered in one area at one time.

Of course we still have a year, so if I think of something cool to organize or do, I'll throw it out here.

Reactions: Alex01 and PNBLD
I think forever wave would make flags for the event. You could probably get them to do just general WranglerTjForum flags since they do individual jeep clubs. You can then buy their "flag brackets" that allow you to mount your flag to either the roll bar or a cb antenna. Not sure how cost effective this would be though.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
I won't arrive until sun eve

I'll be looking for the group who wants to "warm up" Monday morning. I haven't been out west in years, slick rock a lot different than woods & mud

Reactions: Alex01
There is a covered area just out of town where we use to have a potluck at. I think it was owned by the Lions Club but don't know what you have to do to use it.

IMGP0243.jpg

IMGP0242.jpg

Reactions: JMT and Alex01
@Kris M , @Wildman I get where you are coming from.
I made a new spreadsheet that can be edited by anyone. I'm not married to the format so if anyone has a better idea go for it.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_n-UQSDG-UsH6d4kjiPx55FlQ4L5tG7xtodTTjJcDVY/edit?usp=sharing

I'm not trying to say how to run things I'm just throwing out ideas. And because I have gone before with another forum I'm just saying what worked. Having a meeting spot every morning IMHO is a great way to get people together.

Flags are a good idea, yes! I'll have to look into this, as I imagine I could have some flags made for very cheap, and we could probably just attach them to our CB antennas, right?

Yes we just tied them to our antenna. I still have all mine from the trips I did so I can send you a picture if you want.

I'm not trying to say how to run things I'm just throwing out ideas. And because I have gone before with another forum I'm just saying what worked. Having a meeting spot every morning IMHO is a great way to get people together.

Yes we just tied them to our antenna. I still have all mine from the trips I did so I can send you a picture if you want.

Yes, please do!

And I agree, a meeting spot every morning would work. I would only caution that for some of us who have young ones, insanely early times may not work well.

For instance, my kids aren’t up and functioning until about 9 AM at the earliest 🤣, especially with no school.

Yes, please do!

And I agree, a meeting spot every morning would work. I would only caution that for some of us who have young ones, insanely early times may not work well.

For instance, my kids aren’t up and functioning until about 9 AM at the earliest 🤣, especially with no school.
Lucky you. My 3 year old is up and running at 6:15am. The 12 year old on the other hand....

Last year we typically met at the gas station proir to the run.

Lucky you. My 3 year old is up and running at 6:15am. The 12 year old on the other hand....

Last year we typically met at the gas station proir to the run.
Different strokes for different folks

Yes, please do!

My kid was raised by an OLD ARMY SERGEANT so she was use to getting up early. If I remember correctly we would meet at 8AM and the rule was that you were fueled up before you arrived. Then people would go into the market and get snacks, lunch & drinks for the day. I think wheels up by 9AM everyday was the norm.

I'll get you a picture. BRB

My kid was raised by an OLD ARMY SERGEANT so she was use to getting up early. If I remember correctly we would meet at 8AM and the rule was that you were fueled up before you arrived. Then people would go into the market and get snacks, lunch & drinks for the day. I think wheels up by 9AM everyday was the norm.

I'll get you a picture. BRB
I grew up on a farm. My dad worked from 7am to 10pm on a normal day.

He’d wake me up about 7 every Saturday morning to go work.

I still remember getting up early on Christmas to open presents and then immediately heading out to cut wood.

I learned a lot from him.

I am still awake NLT 6AM most days and I have been retired since 2006.

Here are the flags. The 6th annual one is cloth the other 2 are nylon which hold up A LOT BETTER so that would be my recommendation. I think we paid $15 for a flag but that was 2007 & 2008.

20200503_174657.jpg

20200503_174720.jpg

20200503_174744.jpg

I keep them in my garage. Planned on hanging them up just never have.

With the grommets in the flag we'd just zip tie them to our CB antenna.

See the flags on the antennas?

IMGP2198.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.