TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it can also double as a margarita straw.
Which reminds ME I need a new battery for the coolest.
1366_2000.jpg

Agreed! When I ran the Rubicon last year, my wife wanted to stay in the RV with the dog, so I set her up in a nice RV park in South Lake Tahoe for 2 nights while I ran the trail and froze my ass off when it snowed, lol!

That's the way to do it! Happy wife, happy life, right?

Haven't had time to sort through all the idle chit chat of this thread. I just booked a house for next year and looking forward to this event. I also spoke with Gerald at Savvy Offroad and he is checking his calendar and may attend and sponsor? That remains to be seen. If he can't go, I'll try to steal some goodies before I leave Southern CA.

I have never been to MOAB, but just finished hosting a group in Silverton, CO so my chops are good. Hoping to hang with the experts in my 05 LJ w/ 4" Savvy Mid-Arm on ARB locked 35's if its enough. If body damage is likely, then I'll hang with the intermediate crowd.

My question is... what's the (basic) plan for day one (24th) and day eight (1st)? I'm not asking about specific trails and times. I'm checking in on the 23rd but have to check out on the 1st. If you are running trails on the 1st, I'm out that day due to the two days travel back to Kalifornia and needing to get the house back in order. I'd hate to miss an epic trail but can make plan changes this early in the game. If its breakfast and goodbye then I'm fine.

Dino - KX6D

Last edited:
Haven't had time to sort through all the idle chit chat of this thread. I just booked a house for next year and looking forward to this event. I also spoke with Gerald at Savvy Offroad and he is checking his calendar and may attend and sponsor? That remains to be seen. If he can't go, I'll try to steal some goodies before I leave Southern CA.

I have never been to MOAB, but just finished hosting a group in Silverton, CO so my chops are good. Hoping to hang with the experts in my 05 LJ w/ 4" Savvy Mid-Arm on ARB locked 35's if its enough. If body damage is likely, then I'll hang with the intermediate crowd.

My question is... what's the (basic) plan for day one (24th) and day eight (1st)? I'm not asking about specific trails and times. I'm checking in on the 23rd but have to check out on the 1st. If you are running trails on the 1st, I'm out that day due to the two days travel back to Kalifornia and needing to get the house back in order. I'd hate to miss an epic trail but can make plan changes this early in the game. If its breakfast and goodbye then I'm fine.

Dino - KX6D
Welcome to the forum!
An orange Rubi LJ, you're scu...uh...I mean, NICE! 😁

Dino - KX6D
I think that, right now, the gritty details of "the plan" have not been formulated. Most of us probably have ideas about what we'd prefer to see but I suspect that many will be either coming in on the first day and/or leaving on/before the last day and the plan, as it gets worked out, will likely take that into account.
It would be premature, at this point, to attempt any kind of concrete planning I think. Instead, keep a list of your desires in your head so you will know what is important to you. When it gets closer to "lift off", more specifics will certainly be hashed out. Of course, you can also offer up, not only your desires, but also any ideas you have that you think would make the "Fest" bigger/badder/better here in this thread! (y)

Last edited:
I plan on hitting up fins and things day 1 to remind me about the insain traction on slickrock. I'm still under the belief that if you post up on this thread, or possibly we can create a "moab trail run" thread down the line, a particular trail someone is going to want to join you.

I’ll be a solo act, so I’ll be looking daily for others to head out with. But I think maybe we can make a sub-forum to do a sticky for each day or something else easy to discover.

Reactions: DaveC and Alex01
I plan on hitting up fins and things day 1 to remind me about the insain traction on slickrock. I'm still under the belief that if you post up on this thread, or possibly we can create a "moab trail run" thread down the line, a particular trail someone is going to want to join you.

Since you bring it up, I know others talked about it when this started.
Who is going to want to do Pritchett Canyon? Since I like to do the harder trails it is always my fun trail to hit.

Since you bring it up, I know others talked about it when this started.
Who is going to want to do Pritchett Canyon? Since I like to do the harder trails it is always my fun trail to hit.

If I finish my 5.13 and 35s by then, I’ll be in for it. I’ll probably need some spotting. (My build is still partially on hold waiting on a PCM).

It works fine for me. Is it not working for you?
Nope not at all...it goes to their website but the content in blank
I get this ..
Hmm... Looks like you don't have access to this page.

Status
Not open for further replies.