TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Chris, how firm are the dates looking for this? I'm aiming to go ahead & book the KOA for that week and just want to make sure it's as locked in as it can be
Speaking of dates. Maybe it's just me, but with a long drive some might have to pick one weekend or the other. Are there any planned events that would help with choosing?

Speaking of dates. Maybe it's just me, but with a long drive some might have to pick one weekend or the other. Are there any planned events that would help with choosing?
24-25th would be the only full weekend most people would be there. Most are leaving the 1st which is a Saturday.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I'll won't comment on dates, been some confusion there already, wait on Chris for info.
We are traveling out there sat & sun.
Then the 2 travel days back sat & sun. Just be there during the week, mon-fri. I figure several that are coming from any distance will have a similar approach.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
We're booked at the KOA for the week, Sun-Sat. Can't wait! Really looking forward to wheeling with some experienced Jeepers that can show me a thing or two.

Great News!!!!

my sister in law & her husband just booked tickets to join us. He’s a doctor, so he’s reserved a rental JK or whatever the new ones are called for the whole week! This means I can ditch my wife & kids & do some real trails with you guys without everyone bitching about how slow we’re going & how their necks are sore!

So today on our way back from Moab we decided to drive north to Dinosaur National Monument, I think it’s about a 2.5 hour drive. It’s really cool and I’d recommend it to anyone or anyone with kids that enjoys dinosaurs, they started digging around 1900.

1598752909083.jpeg

Unfortunately I wanted to take the road through Rocky Mountain National Park but they wouldn’t let me as due to Covid they require a reservation, I told them I had no desire to get out of the vehicle and just wanted to drive the road through, no dice had to head down to Denver. I really wanted a pizza at Estes Park.

So today on our way back from Moab we decided to drive north to Dinosaur National Monument, I think it’s about a 2.5 hour drive. It’s really cool and I’d recommend it to anyone or anyone with kids that enjoys dinosaurs, they started digging around 1900.

View attachment 186893

Unfortunately I wanted to take the road through Rocky Mountain National Park but they wouldn’t let me as due to Covid they require a reservation, I told them I had no desire to get out of the vehicle and just wanted to drive the road through, no dice had to head down to Denver. I really wanted a pizza at Estes Park.

I want to like and dislike this all at the same time - I’ll need to get my son to the dino monument but can’t believe the RMNP stance! Next time you’re through here you should plan a run with the Colorado guys!

View attachment 186893

We’ve been out to Vernal a few times since we’ve been here, it a really cool place! I’d absolutely recommend it as a tourist stop for folks passing through.

I want to like and dislike this all at the same time - I’ll need to get my son to the dino monument but can’t believe the RMNP stance! Next time you’re through here you should plan a run with the Colorado guys!
Love to but didn’t have a Jeep this trip.

Have to see if we can work something out in the future, enjoy all your pics.

Reactions: rasband
How easy is the novice trails rides going to be? Trying to decide if I will need to be in the intermediate group or not. Will be my first time in moab

Reactions: qslim
How easy is the novice trails rides going to be? Trying to decide if I will need to be in the intermediate group or not. Will be my first time in moab
We went to Moab for the first time last year, did Chicken Corners and Fins & Things with no problem, no lockers or anything fancy. It was awesome. This next trip will be even better because there will be a lot of skilled folks to help you through the difficult stuff.

Barring that, there will be plenty of people (like myself) who aren’t looking to get too extreme, I’m a novice myself and I’ll be with a wife & little kids, so I’m sure there will be more than a couple of groups going for scenic rides that aren’t too technical.

We went to Moab for the first time last year, did Chicken Corners and Fins & Things with no problem, no lockers or anything fancy. It was awesome. This next trip will be even better because there will be a lot of skilled folks to help you through the difficult stuff.

Barring that, there will be plenty of people (like myself) who aren’t looking to get too extreme, I’m a novice myself and I’ll be with a wife & little kids, so I’m sure there will be more than a couple of groups going for scenic rides that aren’t too technical.
Fins is a great starting point and from there you can easily choose your own adventure.

That’s good to hear I will have my wife and small kids as well, we are really looking forward to this trip and getting to meet up with some other people of the same kind as us

Reactions: qslim
Sweet! How many times did he winch? And what year was that?

I think he only winched 2-3 times and pushed a strap twice. This was in 2008 and I've heard it has gotten harder since so I am looking forward to getting to run it again.

Reactions: Alex01
Status
Not open for further replies.