TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he only winched 2-3 times and pushed a strap twice. This was in 2008 and I've heard it has gotten harder since so I am looking forward to getting to run it again.

They have winch anchors at every obstacle except rock pile and son of rock pile.

I'd say you need to run the entire trail with no witching to say you actually ran the trail lol but in all reality, it takes a few runs of the trail to get there. My last group was all LJs. Almost everyone was on 40s. Only 2 people didn't winch at all. I had to winch son of rock pile that run because its so undercut now and I kept hanging on my control arm and spinning like a top lol.

Every trip on that trail is new and exciting.

They have winch anchors at every obstacle except rock pile and son of rock pile.

I'd say you need to run the entire trail with no witching to say you actually ran the trail lol but in all reality, it takes a few runs of the trail to get there. My last group was all LJs. Almost everyone was on 40s. Only 2 people didn't winch at all. I had to winch son of rock pile that run because its so undercut now and I kept hanging on my control arm and spinning like a top lol.

Every trip on that trail is new and exciting.

Well when I did it in 2008 I did it without winching but had some GREAT spotters and help getting thru the obstacles.
Almost went over backwards too.

IMGP2177.JPG

STP80450.JPG

That’s good to hear I will have my wife and small kids as well, we are really looking forward to this trip and getting to meet up with some other people of the same kind as us
Hit us up, we’ll at the KOA just outside of town

Reactions: Wildman
Nice job! Wonder how its changed since then?

Well from what I have read it has changed a lot but who knows? It is my favorite trail to go on. Going out to BFE is also a lot of fun. Spent 3 days playing out there in 2008.

For the most up-to-date details on the event, registration, and more, please visit the official TJ Fest website:

https://tj-fest.com
View attachment 167357

Dates: April 24 - May 1, 2021

Resources:
TJ Fest Official Website
VRBO Home / Condo Rentals
Red Rock Wheelers Trail Ratings
Gaia GPS App
AllTrails APP (GPS)
Guide to Moab, UT Backroads (Highly Recommended)

Apparel:
Official "TJ Fest 2021" T-Shirts & Hoddies

Related Threads:
TJ Fest 2021 East Coast Caravan to Moab, Utah
TJ Fest 2021 Gear Recommendations
TJ Fest 2021 Accommodations Recommendations Thread

Details:
This will be the first annual Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum "TJ Fest". The plan is to get as many TJs as we can together for an event we can call our own.

During our time wheeling in Moab, we will have three groups to wheel with. A novice group, an intermediate group, and an advanced group. Each group will have a trail guide / leader (@TuffJeeper and @AgentLJ, this might be a good one for you guys!) who will guide each group as they wheel. The novice group will do very easy, basic trails, and the intermediate and advanced group will do more challenging trails. Each day we'll meet up in our respective groups, and then go wheel.

At some point we'll all plan a big shindig where all of us can get together and do some easier trails as a huge group.

The time frame talked about the most seems to be when the car show starts after Easter Jeep Safari. From what I've seen from past events they pick the last weekend of the month of April. This would put the tentative date range between April 24th - May 1st.

As the event gets closer, I will announce a daily schedule of events, more plans, and provide many more details.

Remember guys, this is still almost a year out, so nothing at all is set in stone (other than the dates), except for those of us who have made reservations.

Don't worry about trying to "keep up" with this thread. You can read it, but there is no need to read every page of it, as the important details will always be added to this first post.

Everything you read in this thread is all chatter until things are finalized, and that's not going to happen until we get a lot closer.

Trip Requirements
  • Recovery points (front and rear tied into the frame)
  • Factory tow hooks are adequate
  • Wheel at your own pace (I have no doubt that any trail you'd want to run is likely on someone else's list as well)
Trip Rules
  • No alcohol in the vehicle
    Alcohol will not be permitted in any vehicle that will be wheeling with us. If anyone is found drinking alcohol (including passengers), you will be removed from the group and not permitted to wheel with us for the remainder of the event.
  • No drug use
    Marijuana and other drugs need to stay off the trail. If you want to do something in the privacy of your own room, so be it, but don't do it on the trail. There will be kids around, and I don't want anyone impaired.
  • Be courteous and polite
    If you came with a bad attitude, you can just stay home.
  • Be patient
    Not everyone is on the same level as wheeling, some are experts and others are here to learn.
  • Clean up after yourself!
    You will be required to police your 100% of your own trash. If I see anyone throwing trash on the trail or making a mess and not cleaning it up, you'll be booted from this group / event.
  • No political or religious discussions on the trail
    I've had a few people bring this up to me, and I agree. These are polarizing topics, so let's keep the discussions of politics and religion off the trail. If you want to discuss these things amongst yourself over dinner, in your hotel room, etc., that's just fine.
2021 Trip Roster (updated 5-25-2020)

See the TJ Fest attendees page for a up-to-date list on members who have registered for the event:

https://tj-fest.com/register/attendees/
Legal Disclaimer
We are a group of Jeep enthusiasts who are planning an event to get together and have fun. By joining us, you agree to not to hold any of us (or this forum) responsible for any damage that may occur to your Jeep during this trip. There is an inherent danger when wheeling off-road, and you agree by joining us on this trip that you yourself are solely responsible for any bodily injury you may incur, as well as any damage to your property. You also agree that this forum has permission to use any images we take during this trip for forum purposes, which may include marketing.
So I went to the TJ Fest website but don’t see any link for registration. Wife and I have campground reservations already. Planning to drive to Fairbanks AK and back to Moab in the TJ just ahead of TJ Fest, should have some interesting things to talk about after all that...

• Wow
Reactions: Apparition
OK, so I got registered on the third try, the first two tries included a $30 donation which I assumed would make me a supporting member but it wouldn’t complete, so I removed the donation and it completed. I will try the supporting member link and see if that works. Thanks

OK, so I got registered on the third try, the first two tries included a $30 donation which I assumed would make me a supporting member but it wouldn’t complete, so I removed the donation and it completed. I will try the supporting member link and see if that works. Thanks

Sorry for any confusion.

I should probably mention that if someone isn't a supporting member and they donate to the event, I'll make them a supporting member, they just have to PM me and let me know.

Of course we were calling it a "registration fee" before, but I'm getting around the official Moab "event" rules by not calling anything a "registration fee" or "event".

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I made the donation from the supporting member link and it worked fine.

Also, I tried to identify my differentials by the cover shape and after registering found the build sheet link and checked it out and my rear differential should have been listed as a Dana 44.

I appreciate you stating that no drugs or alcohol are permitted on the trails, as well as political or religious discussions. That should help make it more about driving and enjoying the trails. I’ve been to Moab three times in the last twenty years and rented Jeeps and driven Poison Spider and Hell’s Revenge as well as taking the river road and the trail up to the back side of Canyonland but honestly I would probably classify myself as a novice trail driver at this point.

I made the donation from the supporting member link and it worked fine.

Also, I tried to identify my differentials by the cover shape and after registering found the build sheet link and checked it out and my rear differential should have been listed as a Dana 44.

I appreciate you stating that no drugs or alcohol are permitted on the trails, as well as political or religious discussions. That should help make it more about driving and enjoying the trails. I’ve been to Moab three times in the last twenty years and rented Jeeps and driven Poison Spider and Hell’s Revenge as well as taking the river road and the trail up to the back side of Canyonland but honestly I would probably classify myself as a novice trail driver at this point.
There plenty of us out there! We went to Moab for the first time last year, I was very cautious about doing trails that were within my own capability because I had the family along. I think this trip will be a great time because there are going to be a lot of talented drivers around to help out folks who are still new at this kind of stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.