TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So quick update on my end. I'm doing everything I can so I can make it out to Moab. My last ditch, well second to last (I have one other idea), is swapping out the AW4 transmission for a late model one with a .75 overdrive and going with a heavy duty stock stall torque converter on my TJ so I can go highway speeds. I've got to wait for another wiring harness to come for my CompuShift but hopefully before the end of the month I can report back with my finding.

So quick update on my end. I'm doing everything I can so I can make it out to Moab. My last ditch, well second to last (I have one other idea), is swapping out the AW4 transmission for a late model one with a .75 overdrive and going with a heavy duty stock stall torque converter on my TJ so I can go highway speeds. I've got to wait for another wiring harness to come for my CompuShift but hopefully before the end of the month I can report back with my finding.
Good luck, you need to make it!!!

Good luck, you need to make it!!!

Thank you! I'm really itching to see how this swap does on trails other than what I have on my property. I very much so consider this a Stage 1 swap at the moment. I haven't done a suspension lift, nothing to the axles, no kind of lockers in the front, no winches, I'm just trying to get it running and driving again! I'm sure after going to Moab I'll have a list of new upgrades that I want to tackle on my TJ!

Last edited:
HI guys,

I booked my stay at KOA for the TJ fest. I wanted to register but I'll be doing some major upgrades in prep for this event (Regearing + F/R lockers, winch, and possibly 35's), is it possible to update the information after registration or is it best to wait 'til after it's complete?

Thanks,
B

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
HI guys,

I booked my stay at KOA for the TJ fest. I wanted to register but I'll be doing some major upgrades in prep for this event (Regearing + F/R lockers, winch, and possibly 35's), is it possible to update the information after registration or is it best to wait 'til after it's complete?

Thanks,
B
I doubt there will be enough participants that vehicle upgrades will make that much of a difference. Most jeeps will all be able to run the same trails.
Maybe 2 groups - easy (stock to 35s), and hard (35s and up).

I have a condo booked. I plan on attending, but don't know if I'm going to use the condo, or just get a hotel room. At some point, before the cancellation date expires, I will either cancel which would make it available to someone else. Or keep it and have a spare room or two.

I'll repost later (few months) when I know more.

Last edited:
Is everyone planning on getting there the day before, Friday the 23rd? Like, will there be things planned on Saturday (24th)?

I'm sure y'all have gone over this but I can't bring myself through 82 pages to find it.

Is everyone planning on getting there the day before, Friday the 23rd? Like, will there be things planned on Saturday (24th)?

I'm sure y'all have gone over this but I can't bring myself through 82 pages to find it.
I’ll leave Friday after work and arrive Saturday night.

Reactions: Tob

I'm going to be in the area for EJS earlier in the month. For EJS I'm staying at KOA. I typed out a complete response talking about staying on BLM land. After doing that, I went ahead and booked the KOA campground with arrival 23 April and departure 2 May.

Last edited:
I'm going to be in the area for EJS earlier in the month. For EJS I'm staying at KOA. I typed out a complete response talking about staying on BLM land. After doing that, I went ahead and booked the KOA campground with arrival 23 April and departure 2 May.
Also leaving Friday, arriving some time Saturday, its like 14 or 15 hours driving total I think. Also staying at the KOA. Leaving the following Saturday morning so I can get home Sunday.

I had this same question so I just decided to book Friday too. I’m splitting the drive in half Thursday night /Friday day so I could be more comfortable Saturday in case there are festivities. If I end up with an open Saturday I won’t be upset.

Reactions: BlackSheep and Tob
Also leaving Friday, arriving some time Saturday, its like 14 or 15 hours driving total I think. Also staying at the KOA. Leaving the following Saturday morning so I can get home Sunday.
Same. It'll be almost 21 hrs for me, so splitting it into two days of driving, I'll be leaving Friday afternoon and getting to Moab Saturday evening, and leaving Moab Saturday morning to get back home Sunday.

78 people signed up on the website so far.

Watch 10 people show up :LOL:

I'm still trying to find a way to sneak in, especially if classes are still online come spring... Haven't been to Moab in 4 years, it is about time I get back.

I'm still trying to find a way to sneak in, especially if classes are still online come spring... Haven't been to Moab in 4 years, it is about time I get back.

Well I can tell you that a lot of the major school districts in Oregon first announced school was online until November, then January, and now I hear they've announced it's not until Spring.

So I have to imagine that depending on how crazy your school is, you might not be going back until fall semester next year.

The end game seems to be the vaccine (or that's how it seems at least), and from what I've read that won't be happening until spring of 2021 of next year, and the first people to get it will be the "high risk" individuals with the rest to follow months later.

Anyways, there may be hope for you!

Status
Not open for further replies.