TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’ve done fins and things solo and don’t mind running those classics right in Moab central with you guys. But I really want to get out of town and run poison Spider, Elephant Hill, Top of the World.
Poison spider, golden spike and gold bar rim make a good day run. Considering doing it again this trip since I had a hole in my radiator last time I did it. Didn’t have time to take in the scenery.

@Chris
During our time wheeling in Moab, we will have three groups to wheel with. A novice group, an intermediate group, and an advanced group.
So, with 90+ people registered so far, and assuming even distribution, that'd be group sizes of ~30, more or less. Are group sizes really going to be that large, or will there be some more splitting up?

@Chris

So, with 90+ people registered so far, and assuming even distribution, that'd be group sizes of ~30, more or less. Are group sizes really going to be that large, or will there be some more splitting up?
Better be atleast a couple different trail options per group, that’d halve the quantity.

We are looking forward to the scenery. All we have is mud & trees here as well.

We're good with the general consensus.
I am staying away from pritchett, rusty nail. And a few of the obstacles like escalator, hell's gate. I will take most of the go around by-passes anyway.

We will be in a jeep from twisted jeeps. I am going to treat Nick's equipment better than I would my own.

@Chris

You assume 90 people will show up. Half that is more realistic. No one wants to wheel with 30 plus people in a group. If they get that big we will just split into smaller groups and each group will do a different set of trails on a different day so as not to overlap. I’ve been wheeling with 12 people in a group and even that gets a bit boring having to wait for 11 different vehicles to make it over an obstacle.

I am staying away from pritchett, rusty nail. And a few of the obstacles like escalator, hell's gate. I will take most of the go around by-passes anyway.

We will be in a jeep from twisted jeeps. I am going to treat Nick's equipment better than I would my own.
You’d be hard pressed to find a better view than top of the world. Lots of shelves but I’d say good for a rental Jeep as long as the brakes work, the last stop is a doosey.

I thought you were going to trailer your LJ up there?

Well it looks like my teenage son will still be doing school remote, so we decided to make the trip and he can just do school from the hotel room each morning before we go out to hit the trails. Will be trailering over from Memphis, TN arriving Sunday evening.

We are both pretty excited having never been to Moab or even west of Arkansas with the Jeep. I will register on the event webpage after I find and reserve a place to stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.