TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Added to Calendar: 8 dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good news for me. Turns out final exams will start May 3 (monday) next year. Bad news is spring break will be April 2-9. It really depends on how classes go if there will be any unmissable tests during the week of April 24-May 1... and by the time I know whether or not I can make it, it will probably be difficult to find lodging... fingers crossed, we'll see.

Book finally came in, thanks for recommendation
IMG_20200529_172046694~2.jpg

OK gangers, the wife and I are looking for a roomie situation. If anyone has confirmed reservations for a place with an unused bedroom, tag me and I'll go in with you an the rental. I don't want to be scratching my eyes out a couple months before the big day, wishing I had a place to stay.
Reply here or PM me, either way.

I'm already getting sooo excited about this
851ad1fa576f05457f63604969982d5cc531dfbd&rid=giphy.gif

I am in, it will either be my wife Lucy (or depending on when spring break is for her) or my youngest son.

Not sure about the accommodations yet, will be camping on the way out and back.

How usable are those where you live?
Well. I've had them active since February.
And my electric bill (note I have GAS heat/stove/hot water) went from about $200 to $55
The front of my hous faces SE, so I get pretty solid sun hitting the panels until about ,3pm

Well. I've had them active since February.
And my electric bill (note I have GAS heat/stove/hot water) went from about $200 to $55
The front of my hous faces SE, so I get pretty solid sun hitting the panels until about ,3pm

I wonder how they'll do the rest of the year?

Still, that's pretty impressive for only having 1/4 of the roof done.

Reactions: Grey_Machine7.3
I think they will have the biggest impact over this summer.
Considering right now, natural gas is cheaper than solar.
Now, it's just the panels. No batteries.
The battery bank just wasnt cost effective enough to justify.

I've been thinking on installing this nest thermostat, and really pumping out the juice from the panels. Setting the AC to 65 from 7am-1pm then set it to 72from 1pm-7am.

If I get my garage built this summer I'll put just as many panels on it as well. Not that it would reduce my bill any more than that. Just setting up for when battery back up is more cost effective.

Status
Not open for further replies.