TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Added to Calendar: 8 dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got the word back from the seester and bro-in-law and they can't make it. So, we now officially have a spare room up for grabs for anyone who is definitely going.

Here's the place. It has dual Masters so you would have your own king bed with on-suite bathroom. There is also a shared half-bath. Just off 191 (Sage Dr.), it's about 4 minutes (2.2 miles) South of the center (literally, Center Street) of Moab, about 5.5 miles from Hell's Revenge, 12 from Arches, and less than one from Arches Repair Center auto shop :). Unfortunately, no pets allowed.

We have it booked from April 23rd (check-in in afternoon) to May 2nd (check out in AM) but you could check in on the 24th and/or check out on the 1st if you wanted, we just wanted to be there from the first day though the last.
The cost would be half of the nightly rent of $134, so $67 a night for 7, 8, or 9 nights (24th - 1st with the nights of the 23rd and 1st as options).

Like to hang out at night and shoot the sh!t?, that's cool. Rather say "g'night and see on the trail", also cool. The wife and I will be doin' the trails and any get-togethers so we prolly won't be staying up too late but I suspect that we will also want to hit some of the sights like Arches, etc. some days so, who knows.

PM me (hover over my name and choose "Start conversation") if you want in on the deal or if you would like more info.

Reactions: GEEP4ME
@Chris I assume you mean while driving...

"No alcohol in the vehicle
Alcohol will not be permitted in any vehicle that will be wheeling with us. If anyone is found drinking alcohol (including passengers), you will be removed from the group and not permitted to wheel with us for the remainder of the event."

@Chris I assume you mean while driving...

"No alcohol in the vehicle
Alcohol will not be permitted in any vehicle that will be wheeling with us. If anyone is found drinking alcohol (including passengers), you will be removed from the group and not permitted to wheel with us for the remainder of the event."
Correct. Though I also don’t think we want people showing up to wheel who are piss drunk. The last thing anyone needs is someone impaired. While I have faith this won’t happen, I’m just trying to set some sort of rules.

Correct. Though I also don’t think we want people showing up to wheel who are piss drunk. The last thing anyone needs is someone impaired. While I have faith this won’t happen, I’m just trying to set some sort of rules.
Got it. Sounds good to me.

Yeah...565 miles of a fairly well maintained dirt road would be a heck of a trip

From Ramona, with two drivers, that's an easy one day drive. GO FOR IT!
My eyes would look like road maps if I drove that fare in one day and even with Lori driving her hair would be all crazy, ha ha. I would probably tow my TJ behind my 2004 Dodge Ram Quad cab 5.9,
With a Lance camper (it’s like nothing is behind you with the Jeep). We would probably stop over in Sedona AZ or Flagstaff. Than head straight up from there.

You know what would be fun is head over (if anyone is interested) after Moab head over to Silverton, CO and wheel over that area for a couple days.

Remember, if you're too lazy to drive, you can always have the vehicle shipped via https://u-ship.com. Just got to make sure you give them plenty of time to pick it up and deliver it on time.

Can't tell you how many times I've had vehicles shipped using U-Ship. Never had a bad experience, other than one time some guy was very late delivering my vehicle. However, in all fairness, that was my fault for not looking into the company more in-depth before going with their bid.

My eyes would look like road maps if I drove that fare in one day and even with Lori driving her hair would be all crazy, ha ha. I would probably tow my TJ behind my 2004 Dodge Ram Quad cab 5.9,
With a Lance camper (it’s like nothing is behind you with the Jeep). We would probably stop over in Sedona AZ or Flagstaff. Than head straight up from there.

You know what would be fun is head over (if anyone is interested) after Moab head over to Silverton, CO and wheel over that area for a couple days.
Silverton is a good place to start, pick up Black Bear, then come back over Imogene, good for one day, recommend Golden Bock Brewery in Silverton, great pizza and good selection of beers, they have one of the best blondes I've every had.

Reactions: LarryTJ
Heck ya, I'm down for a beer at Bock Brewery and some grub and some wheeling in and around Silverton.

Changed my question to ask location advice. Looking for a 2 - 3 bedroom condo/cottage. I'll have my wife, 9 & 12 year boys, and Sister in law for Thurs to Tuesday. My wife would like to be near town to be able to possibly walk in. Not sure if that makes sense or if we should just be a little outside of town. Is it a walkable type of town? Any advice on areas to stay would be great.

Last edited:
Silverton is a good place to start, pick up Black Bear, then come back over Imogene, good for one day, recommend Golden Bock Brewery in Silverton, great pizza and good selection of beers, they have one of the best blondes I've every had.
We had plans to do the same thing after Moab last year. Went to Ouray after Moab. All those trails were still closed due to snow, and don't usually open until June or July. So we drove over to Silverton and hung out then went back over to Ouray. A lot of snow. They had plowed the main Hwy.

Status
Not open for further replies.