TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice plan; go team CO! Sounds like we meet at fins trailhead Saturday morning?

I think that one is set for those wanting to join. Come with food for the day and a full tank of gas. Team Colorado is using CB radios. We may or may not invest in GMRS.

Saturday April 24
Meet 9am at Little Lion's Back near Sand Creek Recreational Area entrance. Pay entrance fee.

Fins and Things
https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/539-fins-and-things
Hells Revenge
https://www.trailsoffroad.com/trails/549-hells-revenge

Last edited:
@Chris Is there a section for mountain bike planning? I’ve been on YouTube the last few days. I want to run the whole enchilada and Cpt. Ahab. Open to others but, those seem top of the list. Need to get the shock rebuilt on my Mach 429.
My sons and I are planning to ride Captain Ahab. It will probably be Friday 23rd or Saturday 24th.

Reactions: DrDmoney
Just throwing this out there.
Some might not be in town (or ready to wheel) by Saturday.
I would suggest someone plan a second day (midweek) for these popular trails.
I'm thinking tue. Here's a plan ( from a guy who has never been and knows nothing about moab). So we are very flexible. Wanting to see & experience Moab not necessarily conquer it.

Monday- Hurrah pass & Chicken Corners

Tuesday- Fins & Things, Hell's Revenge

Wed- Poison Spider Mesa
(some can go on and do Golden spike & gold bar rim)
We are going to do the Loop and then do
Potash road & Shafer Switchbacks

Thur- Top of the world, Dome Plateau

Fri - Gemini Bridges then visit Dead Horse,
Long Canyon back to Moab for lunch
to Kane Creek Canyon

Just talking out loud, if anyone is interested, has suggestions or just tell me to shut up & wait in the truck. :ROFLMAO:

Just throwing this out there.
Some might not be in town (or ready to wheel) by Saturday.
I would suggest someone plan a second day (midweek) for these popular trails.
My arrival is 4/24, most likely afternoonish because checkin isn’t until 2pm. My group consists of 4 Jeep’s; a YJ, a TJ, a JKUR, and a JKU, the two JK’s are my brothers that are there for the first time.

My arrival is 4/24, most likely afternoonish because checkin isn’t until 2pm. My group consists of 4 Jeep’s; a YJ, a TJ, a JKUR, and a JKU, the two JK’s are my brothers that are there for the first time.
Did you mention that you can spot for the escalator? Looking for experience to guide me through.

Reactions: Alex01 and DrDmoney
Did you mention that you can spot for the escalator? Looking for experience to guide me through.
I got in a bind on the escalator. Luckily an experienced spectator helped spot me. Got me up and probably saved my hardtop.

IMG_1254.JPG

Last edited:
Ok, so I've been contacted and done some contacting.

I'd like to do my part to create the ride plan for Team America

I'll be leaving Minnesota Friday night and driving straight to Moab. I'll be there mid day on Saturday. Staying at the KOA. First trails for me will start Sunday. I usually grab something quick to eat, top off the tank and hit the trails early. I'm thinking we set a meet time at the trail heads and start the day there.

I'll likely have both CB, Rugged Radios and GMRS because Chris said so.

Here are the trails presented to me by others which also hit trails I planned on.

I like the way these were broken down so I'll keep it the same way. Ratings per Red Rock 4 Wheelers if they have it. Times per Trails offroad. I usually take less time but I haven't wheeled with a group in the past.

Open to suggestions and input
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Trail - Rating - Time

Scenic:
Shafer Trail - 2 - 45 minutes
Chicken Corners - 2 - 2 hours
Top of The World - 6 - 4 hours

Technical:
Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold bar Rim - 7 - All day
Pritchett Canyon - 9 - 5 Hours
Moab Rim - 7 - 4 hours
Metal Masher - 7 - 6 Hours
Steel Bender - 6 - 6 hours

Must Do:
Fins and Things - 4 - 4 hours
Hells Revenge - 4 to 8 Obstacle dependent - 4 hours
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Timeline:

Sunday the 25th
- Hells Revenge
- Fins and Things

Monday the 26th
- Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold bar Rim

Tuesday the 27th
- Moab Rim
- Chicken Corners

Wednesday the 28th
- Pritchett Canyon

Thursday the 29th
- Top of the World
- Shafer

Friday the 30th
- Metal Masher

Saturday the 1st
- Steel Bender

Last edited:
Ok, so I've been contacted and done some contacting.

I'd like to do my part to create the ride plan for Team America

I'll be leaving Minnesota Friday night and driving straight to Moab. I'll be there mid day on Saturday. Staying at the KOA. First trails for me will start Sunday. I usually grab something quick to eat, top off the tank and hit the trails early. I'm thinking we set a meet time at the trail heads and start the day there.

I'll likely have both CB, Rugged Radios and GMRS because Chris said so.

Here are the trails presented to me by others which also hit trails I planned on.

I like the way these were broken down so I'll keep it the same way. Ratings per Red Rock 4 Wheelers if they have it. Times per Trails offroad. I usually take less time but I haven't wheeled with a group in the past.

Open to suggestions and input
________________________________________________________________________________________________
Trail - Rating - Time

Scenic:
Shafer Trail - 2 - 45 minutes
Chicken Corners - 2 - 2 hours
Top of The World - 6 - 4 hours

Technical:
Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold bar Rim - 7 - All day
Pritchett Canyon - 9 - 5 Hours
Moab Rim - 7 - 4 hours
Metal Masher - 7 - 6 Hours
Steel Bender - 6 - 6 hours

Must Do:
Fins and Things - 4 - 4 hours
Hells Revenge - 4 to 8 Obstacle dependent - 4 hours
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
Timeline:

Sunday the 25th
- Hells Revenge
- Fins and Things

Monday the 26th
- Poison Spider, Golden Spike, Gold bar Rim

Tuesday the 27th
- Moab Rim
- Chicken Corners

Wednesday the 28th
- Pritchett Canyon

Thursday the 29th
- Top of the World
- Shafer

Friday the 30th
- Metal Masher

Saturday the 1st
- Steel Bender
never been, but been watching trail videos... and I'm arriving some time on Saturday as well... would love to join team America for the week :) Only one I'm not sure of is pritchet canyon... looks like maybe too difficult for me/my Jeep from the videos I've seen.

never been, but been watching trail videos... and I'm arriving some time on Saturday as well... would love to join team America for the week :) Only one I'm not sure of is pritchet canyon... looks like maybe too difficult for me/my Jeep from the videos I've seen.
Welcome aboard.

Sounds like there will be varying levels of experience and capabilities so I’m sure we will have some offshoot groups that will work in some alternative trails and adventures. There’s lots to see that’s not just jeeping.

Welcome aboard.

Sounds like there will be varying levels of experience and capabilities so I’m sure we will have some offshoot groups that will work in some alternative trails and adventures. There’s lots to see that’s not just jeeping.
I might join you on Monday and Thursday. Haven't really planned that far ahead yet.

A lot depends on how many show up. Nobody really wants 50 jeeps all bunched together.
Maybe one more will step up and plan the more popular trails on different days than you and team CO.

Status
Not open for further replies.