TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Added to Calendar: 8 dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife counting days down until we leave.

0226210437.jpg

Team LJ has their own thread for TJ-Fest. If you have an LJ (or not) and want to wheel with other LJ owners. This will be the group for you. Read the thread before making up your mind. We have some special things planned!

If I could make a request, the groups that will be running the extreme trails Area BFE, Pritchett Canyon, and Rusty Nail, could you pick and post what days you are doing those specific trails ASAP so we can plan around it. We will not be doing those trails specifically but some in the group may want to join you on that day. Thanks!

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/team-lj-tj-fest-2021.47389/

Team LJ has their own thread for TJ-Fest. If you have an LJ (or not) and want to wheel with other LJ owners. This will be the group for you. Read the thread before making up your mind. We have some special things planned!

If I could make a request, the groups that will be running the extreme trails Area BFE, Pritchett Canyon, and Rusty Nail, could you pick and post what days you are doing those specific trails ASAP so we can plan around it. We will not be doing those trails specifically but some in the group may want to join you on that day. Thanks!

https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/team-lj-tj-fest-2021.47389/
Ill be sure to extend my wheelbase 1" with the rear lowers so I can be a part of this, that way I can be considered "stretched"!😂

I’ve been watching a-lot of videos and reading about Pritchett. Why is this a 35” trail, hell some places say 37’s....
Sure I see tall obstacles, but they all seem to be multi step climbs of 12-24”.

Reactions: Apparition
I’ve been watching a-lot of videos and reading about Pritchett. Why is this a 35” trail, hell some places say 37’s....
It’s just easier with bigger tires

For instance they do Cliffhanger with a stock LJ, they did pull him a time or two. They say 35+ tires also.

I am on 35's and I am planning on hitting Pritchett's. But then again, I am one of those fools with a steel bumper, so I may need a sticker that says "Don't follow me, I do stupid sh*t have a steel bumper"
:p
I have steel also. Should I be ashamed or just go wheeling?

I have a very capable LJ on 35's (Savvy 4" mid-arm, extended Fox 2.0 remote reservoir tuned shocks, outboarded rear towers, extended front towers, anti-rock front and rear, Currie/PSC HD steering with hydro assist, ARB's w/5.38 gears). Speaking with Gerald, he said Pritchett is a 37" trail minimum unless you want to be dragged up every obstacle, which I dont.

Charles Well's book lists Area BFE, Pritchett, and Rusty Nail as extreme trails as well.

So for my first trip to Moab, I'm going to pass. I'd ride passenger on those trails in a Team Colorado Jeep because let's face it...they ain't too smart. 😁

I'm sure you will hear stories of guys doing it on 33's with minimal winching and they may be right. I'm erroring on the side of caution because I can't afford to fix it 😉

Last time I ran Pritchett there was a guy in the group on 35’s - and we had to drag him everywhere. But that was more about his skill level than limitations of the rig. He did get through, and to this day I’m sure he says he did Pritchett.

There are many big ledges, but most of the tougher obstacles - Chewy, Axle Hill and others - have good winch anchor points sunk in the rock. It’s not pretty, but you can get though on 35’s if you have even a modicum of wheelin‘ experience.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
Last time I ran Pritchett there was a guy in the group on 35’s - and we had to drag him everywhere. But that was more about his skill level than limitations of the rig. He did get through, and to this day I’m sure he says he did Pritchett.

There are many big ledges, but most of the tougher obstacles - Chewy, Axle Hill and others - have good winch anchor points sunk in the rock. It’s not pretty, but you can get though on 35’s if you have even a modicum of wheelin‘ experience.
Are there single steps bigger than 24-30”

I have a very capable LJ on 35's (Savvy 4" mid-arm, extended Fox 2.0 remote reservoir tuned shocks, outboarded rear towers, extended front towers, anti-rock front and rear, Currie/PSC HD steering with hydro assist, ARB's w/5.38 gears). Speaking with Gerald, he said Pritchett is a 37" trail minimum unless you want to be dragged up every obstacle, which I dont.

Charles Well's book lists Area BFE, Pritchett, and Rusty Nail as extreme trails as well.

So for my first trip to Moab, I'm going to pass. I'd ride passenger on those trails in a Team Colorado Jeep because let's face it...they ain't too smart. 😁

I'm sure you will hear stories of guys doing it on 33's with minimal winching and they may be right. I'm erroring on the side of caution because I can't afford to fix it 😉
@Chris , delete this one too! 😂

BleepinJeep just did Pritchett with his Cherokee on 35’s and no winching

Are there single steps bigger than 24-30”
Oh yeah.

The first time I wheeled Pritchett was on Easter Jeep. My wife and I show up first at the morning meeting spot. The next rig to show up was this one:

F8AB164A-3E0E-4AB5-A182-D2268518CE68.jpeg

I remember thinking - Oh f***, I brought a knife to a gun fight...

but you can get though on 35’s if you have even a modicum of wheelin‘ experience.
I had to look up modicum, but I think I got that covered. Though my modicum ability does tend to lead to an ample amount of body damage, but I do usually make it with a good story.

I had to look up modicum, but I think I got that covered. Though my modicum ability does tend to lead to an ample amount of body damage, but I do usually make it with a good story.
Just watch that video I posted. $5k rigs on 35’s, throw in a little skill and enjoy the ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.