TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Added to Calendar: 8 dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good plan to set it up this way. I'm assuming the threads will be under this Forum category?
I am signed up to attend, had made plans to be in Moab for 7-10 days before finding out about TJ Fest. Hoping to connect up for a day or two. Arriving 4/27.
Have been to Moab several times riding dirtbikes, looking forward to wheeling my TJ there!
Yep, the threads will all be under the same category / sub-forum so you won’t miss it 👍

I look forward to hopefully seeing you.

I built an excel file with all the trails the three teams are running on which day. I did this to avoid running the same trails as other groups to keep the traffic jam low.

Team LJ will be meeting at various trailheads at specific times based on the trails we will be running that day. We will leave the meeting location at a specific time too. Since there has been little to no organization to this point I set up our days accordingly.

Everybody meeting at one place and then pairing off WILL be a cluster fuck; too many rigs. Hence the reason for proper prior planning. People will need to evaluate the trails and their rig's capabilities PRIOR to showing up the day of the trail run! They can't do that unless they have a trail list. Everybody meeting up at the end of the day is doable. That's the time to discuss what trails you want to run the next day!

I've used sub-topics per Day very successfully in the past on my forums. You click on that day and you can see the Plan of the Day! I mentioned this in a private message I believe. You need a forum section called TJ Fest and not use the Regional Forums. It also really helps if the grab ass is kept to a minimum on those posts, unlike this thread. Wading through page after page of "dick pics" is a waste of time when you are trying to get information for a trail run.

Look, I'm not trying to come across as a dick. I know what it takes to pull this off. I'm investing lots of time and money into making this an excellent experience for the people in my group, like I've done for my Colorado trips. I respect their time and money they are spending for their vacation as well. A well organized event is paramount with a large group. If its only two or three buddies getting together for a trail run, you can wing it.

I've offered my help in the past and I'm offering again. Create a TJ Fest sub-group and let me moderate it and I can guarantee you it will work wonders. Or don't you trust me?

I built an excel file with all the trails the three teams are running on which day. I did this to avoid running the same trails as other groups to keep the traffic jam low.

Team LJ will be meeting at various trailheads at specific times based on the trails we will be running that day. We will leave the meeting location at a specific time too. Since there has been little to no organization to this point I set up our days accordingly.

Everybody meeting at one place and then pairing off WILL be a cluster fuck; too many rigs. Hence the reason for proper prior planning. People will need to evaluate the trails and their rig's capabilities PRIOR to showing up the day of the trail run! They can't do that unless they have a trail list. Everybody meeting up at the end of the day is doable. That's the time to discuss what trails you want to run the next day!

I've used sub-topics per Day very successfully in the past on my forums. You click on that day and you can see the Plan of the Day! I mentioned this in a private message I believe. You need a forum section called TJ Fest and not use the Regional Forums. It also really helps if the grab ass is kept to a minimum on those posts, unlike this thread. Wading through page after page of "dick pics" is a waste of time when you are trying to get information for a trail run.

Look, I'm not trying to come across as a dick. I know what it takes to pull this off. I'm investing lots of time and money into making this an excellent experience for the people in my group, like I've done for my Colorado trips. I respect their time and money they are spending for their vacation as well. A well organized event is paramount with a large group. If its only two or three buddies getting together for a trail run, you can wing it.

I've offered my help in the past and I'm offering again. Create a TJ Fest sub-group and let me moderate it and I can guarantee you it will work wonders. Or don't you trust me?
Team CoCo will be at our daily starting trail head at our soon-to-be-determined starting time. Then we leave. Either be on time or catch up. We also have no idea when we will make it to the second, third, fifth of the day. So anyone who joins us is with us for the day or they need to figure out for themselves how and where to meet up with others.

Last edited:

Second this. Team CO is going to be strict on times and requirements. In the meantime, our thread is easy to find. Its all on you guys to do the rest

Just want to say ...have fun, stay safe to all that are going to Moab...to say I'm massively jealous is a serious understatement lol....maybe next year if this world stops being sick 🙄

Anyway party on dudes and dudets !!!! 🥳

I drove out and took a little hike along part of cliffhanger today. Within 1/4 mile of dropping off the road you’ll find this obstacle:
84C61B2F-69BD-4D69-81AC-8ED80507F1E4.jpeg

the red line goes from the bottom of a hole to the top of the rock - it’s 7’ +. To the left side it’s much more tame, but if you want to run cliffhanger, be ready for that filter.

Also, anyone planning to run Pritchett canyon, note there is private land that you have to cross to access the trail. $5 per vehicle to cross.
CB74903B-6D30-4AE4-9FDF-B1D843F1B955.jpeg

I drove out and took a little hike along part of cliffhanger today. Within 1/4 mile of dropping off the road you’ll find this obstacle:
View attachment 239372
the red line goes from the bottom of a hole to the top of the rock - it’s 7’ +. To the left side it’s much more tame, but if you want to run cliffhanger, be ready for that filter.

Also, anyone planning to run Pritchett canyon, note there is private land that you have to cross to access the trail. $5 per vehicle to cross.
View attachment 239373
That’s the easy part of cliffhanger, there’s no cliff there.

Good to know on Pritchett.

Reactions: BlackSheep
Team CoCo will be at our daily starting trail head at our soon-to-be-determined starting time. Then we leave. Either be on time or catch up. We also have no idea when we will make it to the second, third, fifth of the day. So anyone who joins us is with us for the day or they need to figure out for themselves how and where to meet up with others.
I know you said you have a thread that’s easy to find, but can you help out a technicaly challenged person find it. Thanks

I sleep between 3-4 hours a night, what time do you want to get started in the mornings? Coffee is usually at 3:00 AM!!!!!
Same! Been getting up for the day around 3am for years, don’t even need an alarm. My family hates vacations with me.

Ok I’ve found your thread🎉. Someone had a list of the trails you might run on sat. Does one exist if so enlighten me please I would like to roll with you guys on a few. Thanks

Oh my gosh. That is huge bad news. That‘s equivalent to the Old Man of the Mountain coming down in New Hampshire.

Edit : Wait a minute. Fake news?

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
Status
Not open for further replies.