TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Added to Calendar: 8 dates

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Anyone interested in wheeling Elephant Hill Monday (4/26) (Primary day) and if unable to secure permit Thursday (4/29) (alternate day/back up day). Area 4, Difficult, rated a 5. Located in Canyonlands N.P. A Fee is required (or have a N.P. Pass) to enter Canyonlands N.P. ALSO, EACH JEEP has to have a day use permit (Obtainable 24 hour in advance online at https://www.nps.gov/cany/planyourvisit/dayusepermits.htm OR BUY A PERMIT at Needles visitor center. Limit of 24 permits per day. I plan to meet up with anyone interested in the town of Moab and convoy to trail head and air down. From Moab we will drive 70-80 miles one way to trail head. Trail is 22 miles long and will take 6 hours. You can expect a 8-9-hour day (includes trail and drive time to/from Moab). I don’t know for sure but might be limited by National Park to ONLY 3 Vehicles per convoy and each group of 3 can leave every ½ hour. NOTE: Vehicle recovery cost is $2000 per National park fee. Bring water, food and extra gas if you have a gas guzzler (I’m bringing my 5-gallon Jerry can, 5 gallons of water, food etc...). There is a gas station at nettles (just prior to entering the N.P but no guarantees they will have gas). I have GAIA GPS loaded with all the GPX files and this trail from my understanding is well marked. Message me and I can get your cell # and communicate that way to cut down on searching the site for updates. What I’ll do is build a group text and update anyone on the list meet up location/time and any changes. I know one person @Jdub who is interested and I have his cell number.
  • Anyone else interested? @SecondChanceTJ @A2frontrange @nicksjeep @Jdub @CaliSteve @qslim @J&M’s ICON @Stinkbug @NashvilleTJ @Phil Younger
Larry

Last edited:
I took it down to the wire after selling my TJ back in Jan and searching for a new ride. Yesterday I bought an LJR off a fellow forum member with 30k miles, a 4” Currie lift and 35’s on beadlocks, plus heaps more. So I’m back in!

Is there a convoy from San Diego to Moab. @nicksjeep or others?

Hoping to wrap everything up this weekend and then daily until we go.
If I have time I might rattle can my trail doors body color (should have left the wrap on them)
I took it down to the wire after selling my TJ back in Jan and searching for a new ride. Yesterday I bought an LJR off a fellow forum member with 30k miles, a 4” Currie lift and 35’s on beadlocks, plus heaps more. So I’m back in!

nice, any pics?

Reactions: Apparition
Here ya go

90C6F36F-86D0-4B86-A186-B147D126F86B.jpeg

My significant other and I are flat towing the TJ. Were heading out Thursday (4/22, not sure time but probably 9-10am, were in Ramona) and anyone from SoCal is interested we can meet up the 15 corridor. I don't plan on breaking any sound barrier flat towing (55-60 max). We plan to drive up to Barstow and gas up @ Flying J and head up to St. George UTAH for the night. Heading out Friday from St. George 9-10am to Moab.

My significant other and I are flat towing the TJ. Were heading out Thursday (4/22, not sure time but probably 9-10am, were in Ramona) and anyone from SoCal is interested we can meet up the 15 corridor. I don't plan on breaking any sound barrier flat towing (55-60 max). We plan to drive up to Barstow and gas up @ Flying J and head up to St. George UTAH for the night. Heading out Friday from St. George 9-10am to Moab.

That’s about perfect in every detail for me. I just got back from Saint George last night 😂

Reactions: LarryTJ
Great tip for the last fill up. It’s a vacation everything is expensive

You may need to have them check with the rental company, many of the more difficult trails are prohibited for the rental jeeps. My daughter and her family will be joining us and we found that out. I think all the companies run GPS trackers on the jeeps so they know where you are, it is a healthy add on charge if you get caught. Seems like I saw Fins on that list as well as Hells, plus many more. They will know for sure when they get the jeep.
Twisted Jeeps will rent one that you can do any trail you would want to. Its the company I use when friends flly in to ride with me.

Fins is easy enough you can do with any rental Jeep.

I’m looking for a room if anybody has a spare room at an AirBnB. I gave up my AirBnB last month when I thought I wasn’t go to make it, but now I can.

I will also tent camp in a group if I can’t find a room. Don’t mind camping but prefer to be with a group.

I’m 50, Australian, don’t like politics, and love to cook.

Status
Not open for further replies.