TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m in the attendee list but unfortunately won’t be able to make it. I just can’t leave the wife at home with a 2 year old and 1 month old for a week. I’ll be working on getting the Jeep improved by next year though!

Because a 3 year old and a 1 year old will be MUCH easier next year 😂😂

Just kidding...

another route question. I'll be leaving from the bay area, looks like the northern route hwy 80 via Salt Lake City is less than 1/2 hour longer than the southern route via Las Vegas. Thinking of going TO Moab northern route, and coming home southern route. Anyone familiar, is the change of scenery worth the extra 30 minutes driving?

another route question. I'll be leaving from the bay area, looks like the northern route hwy 80 via Salt Lake City is less than 1/2 hour longer than the southern route via Las Vegas. Thinking of going TO Moab northern route, and coming home southern route. Anyone familiar, is the change of scenery worth the extra 30 minutes driving?

Moab-St George-Vegas is a very nice drive until you get to Nevada. I15 south from the AZ/NV border sucks.

395 along the Eastern Sierra also very nice but you’ll probably take the 5 which sucks.

You could take SR50 instead of SR80. 80 thru Nevada and SLC is boring.

Would anyone be interested in one of these?

20210414_125346.jpg

I'm a Koozie guy, so I had these made up.
I'll bring them to the dinner Sunday night, and have them with me on the trails.

Last edited:
Would anyone be interested in one of these?

I'm a Koozie guy, so I had these made up.
I'll bring them to the dinner Sunday night, and have them with me on the trails.
These are awesome I'd rock one all day at home!

Everyone ready?
Last thing being done to jeep should be done tonight so now it's just the easy (boring) stuff like packing, planning food, praying to the moab gods I can find a decent camp site

Reactions: Apparition
Bring at least a few warm clothes. It snowed overnight at Sand Flats and everywhere higher than that. Forecast looks better next weekend but you never know with long term forecasts. The snow today wasn’t expected a week ago.

Reactions: D M
I’ve gotta drive from San Diego. How much damage can I do if I don’t fix it immediately? Do I just keep topping up the diff fluid?
Might lose the diff if you run out of fluid. Top it off before you leave town and check the level every so often. If the leak isn't leaving a puddle, there really isn't much to be concerned about.

Reactions: hosejockey61
Status
Not open for further replies.