Utah TJ Fest Mountain Bike Runs

DoOver

TJ Enthusiast
Supporting Member
Trying to find out who has interest in riding during the trip. I would like to catch a shuttle to the top of Big Enchilada one day and Cpt Ahab. Open to other trails. These are the two i liked on YouTube but, never been to Moab so, open to suggestions.
Moderate to advanced rider on Pivot Mach 429.

Reactions: Tob
Trying to find out who has interest in riding during the trip. I would like to catch a shuttle to the top of Big Enchilada one day and Cpt Ahab. Open to other trails. These are the two i liked on YouTube but, never been to Moab so, open to suggestions.
Moderate to advanced rider on Pivot Mach 429.
My dad and I will definitely be doing some mountain biking while we're there. We haven't researched trails or anything but we're bringing the bikes. Following this thread!

I’m interested in riding some of the easy to moderate stuff, no expert or even close. 70yrs old riding a specialized carbon enduro.

I am going to be bringing the mt bikes. Right now I am thinking that if I get the chance I will go hit a trail or two but my intent for this trip is to try and jeep as much as possible, spend some quality time with my son, and to meet and wheel with some forum members. So if it works out that I get in some mtbike time then great, if not I won't be disappointed. This is a major mind shift for me because in the past I would have planned everything around getting in some rides.

The Whole Enchilada is on my list of trails to hit. I will be on a Carver Gnarvester and my son will be on a Salsa El Mar Ti.

The BIG Enchilada looks like a great 34-mile trail but I would require multiple breaks and getting off in those technical portions and with my age probably would slow all the young guys down. So, Slickrock MTB Trail looks more my style or something in the Intermediate 10-20 mile range.

I'm a weekend warrior rider getting an average of 20-25 miles per week in a mixture of fire roads, some surface and trails.

I ride a BH Ultimate 29er Carbon Hard Tail.

Since I'm not going to Moab to MTB the entire week I would probably rent a full suspension one day vice hauling my 29er 1400 miles round trip for one day of riding.

Reactions: DoOver
Look at Moab brand trails , it looks like an area that would offer a lot. I know it’s not one of the names but for a taste it might work. i will ride if it works out but it’s not a must do. If I need a break for a few hours from Jeep’n. I’m at best intermediate I’ve been riding along time and at 69yrs young I have nothing to prove.

Reactions: LarryTJ
I would prefer to ride and would love to let someone put me in the boonies and ride back.
Where are you guys staying?
both of my bikes are hard tails. I do know how to ride them though.
I am just buttoning up front and rear lockers, but Not lifted. I can carry 3-4 bikes. I would be willing to offload all the junk I have in the back for 3-4 riders.