TJ FNG

wes11b10

Supporting Member
Glad to be here. I am the delighted owner of an '01 TJ Sport worth $3000 that I paid $5000 for! Pluses include a newish 4.0 with <7k on it, a 9500lb Barricade winch and... and... lots of character! If nothing else, all the stuff wrong with it is ensuring my wrenching skills stay current. Bought a Hobart Handler 140 welder to fix on the frame, already swapped in a Yukon DuraGrip to replace the original Trac-Lok after the spider gears ate themselves, cut my hand open on the rusty edge of the gas tank carrier while hammering in the new gear carrier, got 6 stitches, fixed the AC, replaced a bad throttle position sensor, got a new windshield, replaced a front axle u joint, etc. etc. Still tons more to do...

Best,
Wes/W9YYH
Pittsburgh PA
?hash=74e7262792519bce39f3718a500d755e.jpg

IMG_1602195796190.jpg

20200629_162301.jpg

Welcome to the forum! Sienna pearl is one of my favorite TJ colors.

What are your plans for it?

Reactions: wes11b10
Welcome to the forum! Sienna pearl is one of my favorite TJ colors.

What are your plans for it?
My biggest immediate goal is to make sure it's good to go for the PA State inspection, which means I have to install all 3 cats and 2 more O2 sensors. I'm pretty sure the frame needs to be welded in a few of the usual places.
I really love the Chrysler 15x7 1144 wheels and am looking for 5 to swap my Moabs with, plus some new rubber. A Tuffy center console is on its way. I will also be installing a Motorola Astro Spectra Plus VHF mobile for 2 meters. Though I'm dodging the local police with my missing inspection sticker, this thing is so fun to drive, even 5 minutes to work.

My biggest immediate goal is to make sure it's good to go for the PA State inspection, which means I have to install all 3 cats and 2 more O2 sensors. I'm pretty sure the frame needs to be welded in a few of the usual places.
I really love the Chrysler 15x7 1144 wheels and am looking for 5 to swap my Moabs with, plus some new rubber. A Tuffy center console is on its way. I will also be installing a Motorola Astro Spectra Plus VHF mobile for 2 meters. Though I'm dodging the local police with my missing inspection sticker, this thing is so fun to drive, even 5 minutes to work.

Oh yes, we're very fortunate not to have inspections or emissions where I'm at, that's for sure. Sometimes those can be a PITA.

Reactions: wes11b10 and Daron
Oh yes, we're very fortunate not to have inspections or emissions where I'm at, that's for sure. Sometimes those can be a PITA.
I asked the kid I bought it from about the check engine light. He said, oh yeah - y'all got Emissions up there, right? Right. They cut the cats off when they installed the new crate engine. It has dual Flowmasters and it sounds really cool. Unfortunately, cool doesn't get me an inspection sticker!

Reactions: Chris
I asked the kid I bought it from about the check engine light. He said, oh yeah - y'all got Emissions up there, right? Right. They cut the cats off when they installed the new crate engine. It has dual Flowmasters and it sounds really cool. Unfortunately, cool doesn't get me an inspection sticker!

Yep, I hear ya. I’ve removed my cats here, but it’s for “off-roading only” 😉

Reactions: wes11b10 and Daron
Welcome to the forum.. The people on this forum are great. Im from Beaver County.
Nice! Part of my work area is up around Ambridge, Baden, Economy, etc. I live in Observatory Hill/Northside. My dad's side are all from Beaver Falls/New Brighton/Chippewa!
Small(ish) world!

Reactions: Daron