TJ front and rear adjustable shock towers

David Kishpaugh

TJ Guru
Lifetime Supporting Member
just a little something I've been working on. finally got some into production.... stock mount height to 4" over.
20180126_175935.jpg
20180127_220205.jpg
20180127_220150.jpg

Could you run them without the body lift? It appears that the TJ in the pictures shown has a body lift and he top of the shock tower may interfere with the body if he/she didnt have the body lift( this, of course if it has a body lift... Nice job, they came out great.

non adjustable are available as a weld together kit. Fair warning, I am slow to ship stuff due to my work load outside of messing around with reinventing the wheel. currently working on a change for the adjustable. the bolt on mounts were getting bent/pulled down under harsh usage.... being jumped and the shocks used as limit straps.

I do have a pattern that fits without a body lift but the shock length, IMO, that fits isn't really any advantage over the stock mounts other than the mounting. The original intention was to set up a 12" travel shock,18/30-31" and keep the 3" 21" and 4" 22.5" currie springs seated and operate on 2" or less bump stop extension. to do that with a 35" tire takes a 2" bump stop and 1.25" body lift under a stock hood line, the towers still extend through stock inner fender wells, but fit under high-lined fenders. I have since proceeded to do 14" travel with the same springs on less bump stop and new track bar mounts along with using mc 4.5 and 6" that are 24" free lengths.

rears are stuck with a 2" bump stop no matter what due to the 5.5" coil bind height we have with the aftermarket springs as low as 2" lift height and track bar relocation. not using track bar relocation, even with an adjustable track bar, leaves the suspension in a bind at and beyond the reach 22.5 extended shock length in stock mounts.

Reactions: Ephry73
non adjustable are available as a weld together kit. Fair warning, I am slow to ship stuff due to my work load outside of messing around with reinventing the wheel. currently working on a change for the adjustable. the bolt on mounts were getting bent/pulled down under harsh usage.... being jumped and the shocks used as limit straps.

I do have a pattern that fits without a body lift but the shock length, IMO, that fits isn't really any advantage over the stock mounts other than the mounting. The original intention was to set up a 12" travel shock,18/30-31" and keep the 3" 21" and 4" 22.5" currie springs seated and operate on 2" or less bump stop extension. to do that with a 35" tire takes a 2" bump stop and 1.25" body lift under a stock hood line, the towers still extend through stock inner fender wells, but fit under high-lined fenders. I have since proceeded to do 14" travel with the same springs on less bump stop and new track bar mounts along with using mc 4.5 and 6" that are 24" free lengths.

rears are stuck with a 2" bump stop no matter what due to the 5.5" coil bind height we have with the aftermarket springs as low as 2" lift height and track bar relocation. not using track bar relocation, even with an adjustable track bar, leaves the suspension in a bind at and beyond the reach 22.5 extended shock length in stock mounts.
Could you DM me? I haven't quite figured out how to use mobile yet and I'm interested in these adjustable shock towers they're a great idea and exactly what I've been looking for.