TJ Fuel Question

Eleanor

Proud dad
Supporting Member
This may have been discussed before but I am just seeking clarity to what I think I just figured out.

Ref: 1999 Jeep 4.0, 5spd, 100k miles

Pulled her out of my garage tonight to crawl in my rock garden, aired down tires and fire up my on board air so I could use lockers if I felt like it. Jeep was just idling when it stalled out on its own. I went to start it back up thinking maybe the air compressor bogged it down (never has before though) and it would not fire up. It cranks though and battery voltage is strong even when cranking.

I turned the key to on to prime the fuel pump and I wanted to see if pressure was at fuel rail. I do not have a gauge so I just wanted to see if I even had fuel. Sure enough there was fuel but it just sort of poured out. Now I’m under the impression that rail should be under 45-50psi at least. It was not that high. I attempted to crank it a couple more times with no success and then checked the rail for fuel again with Ignition on, no nothing comes out.

I think I may need a new fuel pump assembly… thoughts? Suggestions for replacement?

Criticism is welcomed too! Please tell me if I’m just an idiot 😂

Fuse is good too.

I can’t seem to find the OEM fuel pump anywhere 😩 5012952AB

Last edited:
Last edited:
I fell asleep looking for parts and it looks like my only option now is a knock off… maybe this will just become annual maintenance. I only drive about 2-3k miles a year, 90% being offroad

None of the items are available anymore. Or at least not able to be shipped to California for some reason.

Thank you for the link though! I read the instructions first 😂😂

What about the Bosch pump at the bottom of the list of links in the linked thread?

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerry Bransford