TJ hard top

I like creative ways to remove & store the hard top. Mine is removed using a Harbor Freight engine hoist and some straps. I strap it up, lift it, then roll it back and set it down on a cart I built. Then roll that under an overhang for storage for the summer. It takes more time putting on the soft top than taking off the hard top. It's a ritual I go through every spring & fall, but I just plan for it, and it's sort of relaxing. Plus I like the change in tops twice a year.

Do you have a pic of how you do that?? I have an engine hoist, but I cannot picture how to use it for the top... I was going to see it anyone made a gantry of sorts to lift it off. I see all kind of rigs for lifting it off in a garage, but really nothing outside. Since the weather has been so unseasonably nice here, I've been shopping for a soft top for Lucy... LOL Pretty much decided on the Sprint top, as I dig the flip back on the front cabin.

Do you have a pic of how you do that?? I have an engine hoist, but I cannot picture how to use it for the top... I was going to see it anyone made a gantry of sorts to lift it off. I see all kind of rigs for lifting it off in a garage, but really nothing outside. Since the weather has been so unseasonably nice here, I've been shopping for a soft top for Lucy... LOL Pretty much decided on the Sprint top, as I dig the flip back on the front cabin.[/QUOT
I don't have any pics at the moment, and am out of town currently. The process is, I extend the arm on the hoist to its furthest reach, since the top doesn't weigh anywhere near the capacity of the hoist. The hook of the hoist is centered side to side on the top, and 8-10" from the back edge of the top. I put it as close to the top as possible. Then I put two adjustable tie-down straps on, threaded through the door opening and the top corners of the back glass opening. Hook those on the lift hook, pump up the arm, roll the top back, voila! Top off, one person operation. I can take some pix when I get home.

Reactions: etc1006
I don't have any pics at the moment, and am out of town currently. The process is, I extend the arm on the hoist to its furthest reach, since the top doesn't weigh anywhere near the capacity of the hoist. The hook of the hoist is centered side to side on the top, and 8-10" from the back edge of the top. I put it as close to the top as possible. Then I put two adjustable tie-down straps on, threaded through the door opening and the top corners of the back glass opening. Hook those on the lift hook, pump up the arm, roll the top back, voila! Top off, one person operation. I can take some pix when I get home.

Cool! No hurry, as it'll be a bit before I'm ready.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk