TJ / LJ Rear Seat Storage Needed

I have a set. I decided to look online today to learn more about them and came across this post and the other one referred to in the OP. Weird how basically zero info exists on these. The few other forum posts I've seen are from YJ owners discussing their discontinued boxes over 10 years ago.

View attachment 186427
View attachment 186428
Yeah I searched like crazy and hardly found any information. Do you want to sell them? I still need a set.

Yeah I searched like crazy and hardly found any information. Do you want to sell them? I still need a set.

I wouldn't mind selling them, but I get a feeling shipping would be pricey. I also don't have a box large enough to ship them.

I'm curious as to how those fit when the soft top is down. Wouldn't they interfere with the rails?
I believe the rails fold into these slots. I cannot confirm 100% since I have a LJ with a hardtop and rampage soft top.

Screenshot_20200828-213428_Chrome.jpg

First post here! This place is an awesome wealth of knowledge, been lurking for over a year.

If you're handy with a saw and have a little time you can make what I did here:

Originally the plan was to put a 5 1/2 inch speaker in where the water bottle is but with my 5 1/2's in the dash and the 6 1/2's overhead I really had no need for any more volume! The box is made out of 1/2 plywood. Sprayed the whole thing in Upol Raptor Liner and hand upholstered the cushions. The locks are more of a theft deterrent since they're plastic boat locks I got off of Amazon, but neat none the less. I used to have two 40mm ammo cans bolted where these sit now but it hit your shoulder if you sat in the back. WAYYYY more comfortable now plus it offers MORE storage the old cans!
20200831_185636[1].jpg
20200831_185648[1].jpg
20200831_185703[1].jpg
20200831_185737[1].jpg

If you guys have any questions or want exact dimensions, hit me up!

Here's a side shot of them on the LJ if anyone is curious.
20200816_161843.jpg

20200816_161843.jpg

First post here! This place is an awesome wealth of knowledge, been lurking for over a year.

Originally the plan was to put a 5 1/2 inch speaker in where the water bottle is but with my 5 1/2's in the dash and the 6 1/2's overhead I really had no need for any more volume! The box is made out of 1/2 plywood. Sprayed the whole thing in Upol Raptor Liner and hand upholstered the cushions. The locks are more of a theft deterrent since they're plastic boat locks I got off of Amazon, but neat none the less. I used to have two 40mm ammo cans bolted where these sit now but it hit your shoulder if you sat in the back. WAYYYY more comfortable now plus it offers MORE storage the old cans!
View attachment 187300View attachment 187301View attachment 187302View attachment 187303

Here's a side shot of them on the LJ if anyone is curious.View attachment 187305

View attachment 187304
Rolling LJ I'd love the measurements as I have an LJ also and these would fit better than the compartments for a TJ.

Really like the build on your LJ. If you're ever in the Portland area hit me up and we can hit some trails.

I know this is a old thread but since it's popped up again. Those who didn't want to look at the Tuffy wheel well storage boxes because of your kids should know I had them in mine and hauled kids all the time and never had any issues.

Also Tuffy is now offering pad for the top of the boxes.

Padded Cushion Set (tuffyproducts.com)

Reactions: DAsPNW06LJ
I have a set. I decided to look online today to learn more about them and came across this post and the other one referred to in the OP. Weird how basically zero info exists on these. The few other forum posts I've seen are from YJ owners discussing their discontinued boxes over 10 years ago.

View attachment 186427
View attachment 186428
Those are legit! The search begins...

Reactions: DAsPNW06LJ

View attachment 187300View attachment 187301View attachment 187302View attachment 187303

Here's a side shot of them on the LJ if anyone is curious.View attachment 187305

View attachment 187304
Those look fantastic. Would love to understand more how to build them. Well done.

View attachment 187304
Those look fantastic. The jeep looks great too. I'd love to better understand how to build a set.