TJ lost power on the highway and shut down

It sounds like the pump itself died this time, but last time the anti-drain back valve failed. Cycling the key mainly helps repressurize the system after the check valve leaks out the pressure. It won’t do anything if the pump won’t even spin.

So while both problems were in the fuel pump assembly, you likely had a failure of a different component within the same assembly this time.

Reactions: Hopper and rasband
It sounds like the pump itself died this time, but last time the anti-drain back valve failed. Cycling the key mainly helps repressurize the system after the check valve leaks out the pressure. It won’t do anything if the pump won’t even spin.

So while both problems were in the fuel pump assembly, you likely had a failure of a different component within the same assembly this time.

To add to this, it seems likely just given the timing. Fortunately you sound to be covered under warranty, so if there's any later issues that pop up hopefully you can rule this out as a culprit.

Reactions: Hopper

Thanks that makes since. He mentioned running a new ground when installing the new pump.

Thanks that makes since. He mentioned running a new ground when installing the new pump.

This doesn’t give me much hope for the new Delphi I installed in May. 💩

My Chrysler pump didn’t die....it was a short that caused it to stop working. Though I did make good use of the work by cleaning and painting my frame above the tank and getting things nice and sorted. If the Delphi craps out, I believe I can change the pump and filter and get her back in the tank. Can anyone confirm?

New update. The pump that failed me is now working, it fired up the next day. It has been at the mechanics for a week since he is letting me use his lift to cut and weld in some safety caps. He said maybee it is the ground and is going to replace the ground. Could it be as simple as the ground? What else should we be looking at? No codes are popping up. I wont be able to actually drive it around due to a hectic work load for a few weeks. I hate an un diagnostic problem and driving with my fingers crossed 🤣