North Carolina TJ mechanic near Charlotte, NC

Why Jeep TJ specific? What are you looking to have done?

Anybody got a recommendation for a TJ mechanic in the Charlotte, NC area?

I forgot his name, but there’s a guy at the speedee near lowes in Pineville that is supposed to be pretty good. He specializes in tjs. He balanced and aligned my tires for me just after I bought the jeep. I’ve talked to him a few other times, but haven’t had any other work done by him because I don’t feel like paying for the labor and just ended up doing the stuff myself.

I don’t know if he’s actually any good, I’ve just heard good things about him from other jeep owners. But you could check him out if you want

Why Jeep TJ specific? What are you looking to have done?

Well b/c it's a TJ and there is a rattle/knock from either front of trans or back of engine at idle. Runs fine, shifts fine but getting concerned. I would like someone who is familiar with TJ's to look at it.

I forgot his name, but there’s a guy at the speedee near lowes in Pineville that is supposed to be pretty good. He specializes in tjs. He balanced and aligned my tires for me just after I bought the jeep. I’ve talked to him a few other times, but haven’t had any other work done by him because I don’t feel like paying for the labor and just ended up doing the stuff myself.

I don’t know if he’s actually any good, I’ve just heard good things about him from other jeep owners. But you could check him out if you want

Does he work out of the Speedee, or does he do TJ work on the side? And I agree, I prefer to do my own work but this is a sound I can't identify so would like someone familiar with TJ's to look at it. Sort of sounds like piston rattling but only does it at idle. Almost like the timing is too advanced or something - but I have no way have checking that since this has the cam/crank sensor system. (both of which have been replaced).

Does he work out of the Speedee, or does he do TJ work on the side? And I agree, I prefer to do my own work but this is a sound I can't identify so would like someone familiar with TJ's to look at it. Sort of sounds like piston rattling but only does it at idle. Almost like the timing is too advanced or something - but I have no way have checking that since this has the cam/crank sensor system. (both of which have been replaced).

I know that he works out of speedee, it’s possible he could have his own thing going on as well. I don’t know