TJ mid-arm muffler placement

Nick21

Savvy Bumper Club
Supporting Member
If seen many photos of LJ with exhaust/muffler setup after installing the savvy midarm. However with my TJ the space requires is much smaller.

From what I'm seeing I will likely have to move the cat forward to make room for the muffler.

If you have does this please post some pictures

20230519_083636.jpg

20230519_083720.jpg

Reactions: PNW_LJ
About the best you can do on a TJ is a small bullet style muffler somewhere between the center skid and the rear axle. There isn't much room.

Im not a fan of the sound of the spintech, but it fits under the skid with a cat.

PXL_20220729_235315977.jpg

WP_20170424_17_12_29_Pro (2).jpg

WP_20170424_18_12_46_Pro (2).jpg

Reactions: Wildman
Is anyone?

Robert J. Yates recommended them back in the day. So far I haven't been able to find anything with a similar footprint. Do you have a quieter option you like to use? I tried adding a race bullet up by the starter, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

Im not a fan of the sound of the spintech, but it fits under the skid with a cat.

View attachment 426132

View attachment 426139

View attachment 426142

Too loud? Wrong pitch? What is it you don't like about it?

I'm using a Magnaflow straight thru muffler since nothing else would fit but my cat is more forward that a stock TJ exhaust. I'd like to find something else that would fit but I have even less room between the t-case & frame due to size.

Robert J. Yates recommended them back in the day. So far I haven't been able to find anything with a similar footprint. Do you have a quieter option you like to use? I tried adding a race bullet up by the starter, but it didn't seem to make any difference.

I'm not so sure that just a straight pipe isn't quieter than those noisy ass things. At least a straight pipe doesn't sound as bad. But no, I have yet to find anything tolerable even doubling them up.