TJ or JK

Tell us what year it was and whether it was a two-door or four-door and what you didn't like about it.

Over time more of us will consider the JK or JL models we really need to know what we are getting into.. or what to avoid.

The reason I say that is because inevitably since they are out of production the TJ will get harder to find.

My wife's 2 dr. JK is very nice to drive, more like a car that I can take offroad. I just need to get her good tires. I bought it as a salvage last july for 13800, it retails for over 21K, the only thing I did was a radio reset, replaced an idler pulley on the engine, and I put rubicon shocks and springs on it. It is nice, bigger than a TJ by far but real nice and comfortable.

Only if it is parts and no labor, I try to do most of my own work...

I do as well. Taken last week for annual checkup. lol.

IMG_3478.jpg

I can relate to this.
My TJs are with my kids now, done college and onto their productive lives.
My DD now is a '14 JK, but I get calls once in a while from my kids asking how to fix stuff with their TJs.

This forum has a lot of good info. and thank you for the ride!!!!!

Reactions: rasband
Update: The TJ sold and I'm casually looking for an LJ but I really need to sell the JK before I buy another Jeep. Need a decent price for the JK. Good thing is that I love the JK so if it takes a long time to sell that's fine with me. The LJ I want is probably going to be hard to find.

Reactions: rasband
Update: The TJ sold and I'm casually looking for an LJ but I really need to sell the JK before I buy another Jeep. Need a decent price for the JK. Good thing is that I love the JK so if it takes a long time to sell that's fine with me. The LJ I want is probably going to be hard to find.
What’s the specs on your dream LJ?

Well that would be a good one to find.
I actually bought an 05 with 113k miles that is wrecked for 5200, I found a hood and fender locally to fix it. Since it is a builder, I don't need a perfect jeep and I don't care about the color. Tim

This one had 180,000 km on it. Little higher than I would have liked but all in Calgary and a few trips to Banff. PO wasn’t BSing either, there wasn’t a scratch on the skid plates or gas tank skid till I got it. It did start the PCM issues the summer of 2017 so I didn’t drive it last year dealing with 2 remanufactured Chrysler PCMs with no success. I got my money back and got to keep one of the PCMs as they’d sent mine away. I’m doing the L83 and 6L80 so I won’t be needing it.
He had invoices from all serviced parts and oil changes and the soft top was in factory packages (never opened)
I didn’t question the the price.

Automatic and orange with no rust. Would like low miles but that’s not a big deal since that engine can take a lot of miles.
Yea impact orange are few and far between. I know of an impact orange LJR with 50k miles for 20k. Auto also. It’s been for sale for a long time. What’s the price point?

Yea impact orange are few and far between. I know of an impact orange LJR with 50k miles for 20k. Auto also. It’s been for sale for a long time. What’s the price point?
Probably $15k but I’d have to sell my JK first. Would love one with that kind of mileage.

Reactions: Starrs