TJ Rear fog light wiring help

AntrimMark

I have a 97 TJ and I've just swapped the bumper.
The old bumper had a fog light and two licence plate light attached, wired into a three pin connector in the right rear corner.
The new bumper has neither so I need to install an after market fog light.
The fog light I bought has two wires, red and white.
The three pin connector from the old bumper had a black wire, black and yellow wire and a black and white wire.
If I cut the three pin connector off and attach it to my new fog light, which wires should I use and which one is redundant?
Thanks

PS I'm not re-connecting the licence plate lights, I have a different set up for that.

The black wire is more than likely the ground, I believe the black yellow is for the license plate lights and the black white is for the fog light, but I would test the wires with a multi meter by turning on the parking lights and the fog lights and identify which wire is which.
Check the Factory Service Manual 8W-50-6 to check the wiring schematics.

Factory Service Manuals

The black wire is more than likely the ground, I believe the black yellow is for the license plate lights and the black white is for the fog light, but I would test the wires with a multi meter by turning on the parking lights and the fog lights and identify which wire is which.
Check the Factory Service Manual 8W-50-6 to check the wiring schematics.

Factory Service Manuals

That's what I thought from looking at the old connections, and it's the right advice. Thanks.