TJ Rubicon Front Dana 44 w/410-$2750 OBO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Holy cow... is that really what a front axle alone goes for?

Yeah, No kidding....Making me think about selling my TJ Rubicon axles, and picking up some JK Rubicon axles. I'm already running the correct wheel and the front JK is a high pinion...Plus they have bigger pinion bearings, the fronts have bigger stub shafts (30 spline), better brakes, and electric lockers.

Hmmm...

Reactions: jeep_boss and Chris
All I can say is that this makes me damn glad I bought a Rubicon! Wonder what my Rubicon transfer case is worth?

Yeah, No kidding....Making me think about selling my TJ Rubicon axles, and picking up some JK Rubicon axles. I'm already running the correct wheel and the front JK is a high pinion...Plus they have bigger pinion bearings, the fronts have bigger stub shafts (30 spline), better brakes, and electric lockers.

Hmmm...

They take a lot of work to fit properly though as I understand it. You'd be better off getting some Currie RockJock Dana 44 axles that will bolt right on, and be just as strong as the JK axles.

They take a lot of work to fit properly though as I understand it. You'd be better off getting some Currie RockJock Dana 44 axles that will bolt right on, and be just as strong as the JK axles.
Yeah, its a lot of work...New steering, all new brackets, etc. I can weld though, so it would be a DIY project. I don't know if they are cheaper in the long run than Rock Jocks though...I think RJ axles run about 5K an end.

Yeah, its a lot of work...New steering, all new brackets, etc. I can weld though, so it would be a DIY project. I don't know if they are cheaper in the long run than Rock Jocks though...I think RJ axles run about 5K an end.

Yeah, I'm not sure about the RockJock axle prices as I've never inquired. It also depends on how you build them, which lockers and axle shafts you go with, etc. You can probably get the price all over the place depending on the options.

I've never actually looked at what a set of JK Rubicon axles runs. I tend to err on the side of practicality when it comes to my axles though. I figure if I haven't found a need for a stronger axle yet, then I don't need new ones at all. Of course sometimes we just run out of things to do, and then we start doing things just because we can. We are men after all... Haha.

Reactions: Mike_H and JMT
Hell yes you are. If mine, Gob Forbid, rots out, I have almost what I paid for the whole vehicle sitting there in those three parts!

Yeah, that's one thing people never consider is how much the Rubicon is worth even as parts alone. The complete axles and transfer case are probably worth anywhere from 5-7k depending. Seems a bit crazy if you ask me, but I know that they do sell for a premium. I guess it makes sense. Think about how much you'd spend for new axles, lockers, and decent gears (the 4.10s are good enough for most people).

Hmmm...
And bigger ring and pinion

I thought this was a really fair price for a complete front Dana 44 ready to bolt in.

Like I said, makes me feel even better about owning a Rubicon! I hope they get that price too. Just makes the value of my Rubicon hold steady.

The Ebay price isn't bad. I looked up the Currie Rock Jock. They sell them as bare housings, with all the brackets. No diff cover, gears, carrier, locker, etc. The rear was like 1600 and the front is 1999. I did some looking at used JK axles, and found a complete front from a 2013 for 1800 bucks, 9 miles down the road from me. Its an interesting thought, once I get the rest of my jeep how I like it. Or...Maybe I buy a Cheapie, and start building!

Reactions: Chris
Status
Not open for further replies.