TJ Seats

Swap in some JK seats. Over the summer I swapped in some 2017 JK seats front and rear in my LJ. Fronts just need a mounting plate to adapt to the tj fold and tumble uses the factory seat lever to do it.
Rear was a bit more work to get full width back there, but is much safer for my girls with head rests.

Reactions: bbaldwin237
Swap in some JK seats. Over the summer I swapped in some 2017 JK seats front and rear in my LJ. Fronts just need a mounting plate to adapt to the tj fold and tumble uses the factory seat lever to do it.
Rear was a bit more work to get full width back there, but is much safer for my girls with head rests.

Got any pictures?

Reactions: bbaldwin237
Got any pictures?

1000000977.jpg

20240209_152509.jpg

20240209_151750.jpg

20240209_152318.jpg

Sorry for the delay. Finally got some time. The front seats go in with just an adapter plate I made out of a 16x18 piece of steel. You do have to cannibalize the fold and tilt so there is no going back when you start but they function just like from the factory using the factory lever on the side of the seat to tumble them. If you wanted to eliminate the fold and tilt and use a fixed base it would take you less than an hour to have them in your jeep.

Like I mentioned the rear seat was a bit more involved but the seat is unmodified and full width from a 2017 jk. All it takes in a 1" body lift which I had anyway for a tummy tuck, and to cut out about 1.5" of wheel well and weld in a filler piece. You can just barely make out the widening nect to the floor brackets. Final piece was taking the stock seat bracken and move the rear pin back 3/8" They also fully fold and tumble as shown with factory lever.

Over all I love the front seats and I feel my girls are much safer in the back seat with a full height seat and head rest. Definitely worth it to me.

Do the JK front seats sit higher than stock? I know that most of the aftermarket seats sit higher and that can be a problem.

I made my adapter brackets as flot and short as possible. IF they raised it at all it is no more that 1/4" I am 6'5" and have no problems at all. Sitting up straight my head is short of the roll bar by about an inch.
Do the JK front seats sit higher than stock? I know that most of the aftermarket seats sit higher and that can be a problem.

• USA Proud
Reactions: CreepinDeth
I made my adapter brackets as flot and short as possible. IF they raised it at all it is no more that 1/4" I am 6'5" and have no problems at all. Sitting up straight my head is short of the roll bar by about an inch.

Thats a good thing to know
I just bought some BMW E90 seats but I kinda hate leather , so Im gonna look for JK fabric seats Instead and resell these BMWs

MMcClure thanks for the reply. My seats are in good shape but the backs are not comfortable for really long drives i.e. 5-7 hours. I had mastercrafts in my YJ and loved them but the bolsters were high, LJ is higher and the wife is short. So high bolsters and sitting higher is not practical. I currently have 1" spacers under the current seat configuration so I could remove the spacer and if the seat is a little higher that would be OK.

Last edited: