TJ Sleep Platform

I’ve also bought about the fact that my seats fold perfectly flat... if I could make a platform like he did, put it on strong drawer sliders above the rear wheel wells I could potentially have a fully inside the Jeep sleeping experience for me and the gf.

Im sure more engineering for strength would be needed but you get the point.

The Jamper 2.0 takes up a considerable amount of room. The sleep platform literally stays in my jeep all the time. I'm working on designing a full enclosure but so far the tarp works okay.
'

Reactions: BuildBreakRepeat
I'm in the process of building one. Since I'm too damn tall, it will stretch from the rear glass all the way to the windshield (and be removable forward of the front seats). More of a bivy...not really luxurious enough to be called camping ;)
If you can fit, I think running a hammock diagonally across the jeep is a great compromise.

Do people in 4 doors Jeeps pull the back seat to sleep inside? That seems to defeat the purpose of a 4 door.
JKUs and Im pretty sure JLUs have a fold down second row. Folds down flush and I've slept in them before with plenty of room and i'm 6' 4".