TJ Snow Plow Blade

billiebob

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
A buddy just bought this for his TJ. Disconnects as fast as pulling a receiver hitch, and has 3 casters to roll it around the shop. Very slick.

IMG_2869.jpg

The receiver is part of the kit, bolts on to the frame, everything lines up perfect.

IMG_2876.jpg

I like that . I have been contemplating a snow plow for my TJ . I manage a bunch of commercial buildings and we only get snow a few time a year but it would be a good way to make some extra cash . Limited market here so the few that do it charge crazy money

This is interesting. I don't remember the last time i saw a plow on any Jeep.

I will say however that anything that is bolted to the frame for any reason tends to get in the way when off road but four bolts every spring and fall shouldn't be too much to deal with. Also everywhere I've ever seen snow, I've seen salt. Be careful out there!

that wont last if you hit anything like uneven pavement or cement, I used 1/2" plate and 1/4" wall square tubing to mount my plow on the plow truck and it still bent after a few hits on a heavy snow storm.

Reactions: derekmac
I have a plow on mine and whore it out when it snows. It is set up for light duty. I do long residential driveways where trucks struggle to get in and turn around. I take the money made and use it to buy new Jeep parts lol. I fabbed up a mount for mine where it connects to the bumper using welded on D rings. I use my winch for the up down. On the rare occasion I need to plow on an angle I just get out and manually place it on angle. Easy on and off and I use small dollies to move it around when it's not on the Jeep. The best part is that nothing is attached to the frame. Just the two D rings on the bumper. Works like a champ.

PXL_20201026_143727502.jpg

Reactions: tworley
As much as I enjoy plowing with a Jeep, that setup doesn't impress me. It "steps down" 3 times to level out the plow frame and the blade is way out in front. I bet when raised, the slop in the two receiver hitches makes that blade move around quite a bit.

My old TJ, I had a 6'-8" meyers classic. Couldn't kill it.

I did a ton of research for my current plow on my 2-door, lifted JK on 35's. I ended up with a snowex LT7200 with down pressure and the entire blade & head unit weighs 303#. And the Automatixx makes disconnecting and reconnecting pretty easy.

121162015_10158463679062419_1225946481877823666_o.jpg

As much as I enjoy plowing with a Jeep, that setup doesn't impress me. It "steps down" 3 times to level out the plow frame and the blade is way out in front. I bet when raised, the slop in the two receiver hitches makes that blade move around quite a bit.

I did a ton of research for my current plow on my 2-door, lifted JK on 35's. I ended up with a snowex LT7200 with down pressure and the entire blade & head unit weighs 303#. And the Automatixx makes disconnecting and reconnecting pretty easy.

View attachment 203830
That is indeed a sweet setup! Mine cost $170....how much was that beast?

I removed the steel blade and replaced it with a rubber blade too so I don't leave scrape marks on the concrete drives.

I bought it used for $1700. Down pressure module was $200. New, I think they're around $4,000

View attachment 203830
I see you are in RI where did you buy your plow...I am looking for one

I bought it off ebay, actually. However, I have it serviced annually at Tourbillon Trailers in Glocester, RI