Great deals on TJ parts on Amazon!

Looking for parts for your Jeep Wrangler TJ? Checkout the selection of TJ parts Amazon has to offer, many with 2-day Prime shipping!

Click the image below to browse TJ parts on Amazon.

Jeep Wrangler TJ Parts on Amazon

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

TJ Starter Connection

JoePal

Supporting Member
So while i await an answer from the manufacturer Mean-Green thought I'd thow it out to you kids. Starter started making weird noise so to be proactive i decided to replace the OEM with something "better." Ordered a Starter from Mean-Green. See
Photo's

IMG_7076 and IMG_7086 is the connection on the new starter.
IMG_7075 and IM_7088 is the connection on the existing starter.

How do I fix?

Thanks,
JOe

IMG_7076.JPG
IMG_7086.JPG
IMG_7075.JPG
IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

IMG_7088.JPG

hear

TJ Enthusiast
hard to say from those pics, but short of splicing in the matching plug to your existing wiring, I might take out that screw on the terminal and see what that looks like. Looks like it could be a spade end under there.

Or you'll have to get creative. Maybe see what Mean Green has to say about it, maybe they sent you one for the wrong year/vehicle?

OP
JoePal

JoePal

Supporting Member
hard to say from those pics, but short of splicing in the matching plug to your existing wiring, I might take out that screw on the terminal and see what that looks like. Looks like it could be a spade end under there.

Or you'll have to get creative. Maybe see what Mean Green has to say about it, maybe they sent you one for the wrong year/vehicle?
thanks for your thoughts. i did remove that screw. Underneath is not a matching spade. flat like a spade but much wider.

JKP

TJ Enthusiast
The 05 and 06 have some peculiar parts. Not sure if this is one of them or not, but maybe someone with an older version can verify if that connector fits their model.

LONGJP2

TJ Addict
Original starter lasted 15 years.
Why the need for something 'better'?

Remove the terminal that's screwed on to the starter, then add a ring terminal to the factory wiring. Done.

Reactions: hear
OP
JoePal

JoePal

Supporting Member

Remove the terminal that's screwed on to the starter, then add a ring terminal to the factory wiring. Done.
sounds easy, but since i don't have experience what is a "ring terminal" and where do i get one. thanks for you comments!

OP
JoePal

JoePal

Supporting Member

was the existing starter, only about 1 year from parts store. not going back that route.

Yoda

TJ Enthusiast
was the existing starter, only about 1 year from parts store. not going back that route.
Was it an OEM Mopar starter you put in a year ago or some rebuilt junk from Autozone or the equivalent? Big difference.

Reactions: LONGJP2