TJ starts and then immediately dies

TJ_Tennessee

So I started by TJ last night and it started perfectly but then immediately dies like it wasn't getting any fuel. Tried to start it about 5 more times and same thing. Had it towed to the mechanic today and he started it up no problem. Any suggestions on what it could be? About a month ago, for a span of a couple days, when I would first start driving it would act like it only had 50% power when I would apply the gas. After a couple minutes of driving it would run normally. There have also been times when I disconnect the negative battery terminal to work on something, the first time starting it there would be a lag to the power for a couple seconds and then it would run normal. Any thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Cheers

Is there an amber symbol lighting up in the upper left of the instrument cluster as soon the engine dies? It looks like a key with a line through it.

What color is key you're using, black or gray? Are you using a new key?

Is there an amber symbol lighting up in the upper left of the instrument cluster as soon the engine dies?

What color is key you're using, black or gray? Are you using a new key?
Nothing on the instrument cluster. The key is green. I'm pretty sure it was a replacement both it and another black key I have don't stay in the key hole

Sounds like an issue with the SKIM system. You're Jeep isn't recognizing the key as one with the security system. Is that the key that's always worked?

Sounds like an issue with the SKIM system. You're Jeep isn't recognizing the key as one with the security system. Is that the key that's always worked?
When a SKIM system shuts the engine off due to the key not having the correct chip in it, it illuminates the SKIM symbol on the cluster. At least it is supposed to.

The green and the black key both don't stay in the ignition. I forgot which key I used when it died at home last night. To answer the question I normally use the green key daily and that is the one the mechanic has now.

Is there a way to get both of them programmed?