TJ to retire Cherokee

chino1969

TJ Addict
Supporting Member
Picked this up with 130,000 original miles and CARFAX maintenance history. The TJ was maintained on a regular basis and frame only shows surface rust which is going to be attacked soon. Some have warned about some of the surface rust I showed on other pics but I'm not concerned. I bought that 1995 Cherokee, shown in background with 28,000 original miles with some surface rust around the year ,2007. It now has 213,000 miles but suffers significant rust. Will sell as is. The point is that XJ has been everywhere and was my daily driver. This TJ is more of a fun vehicle. If I get half of what I got out of that XJ, I'm satisfied.

DSCN1537.JPG

DSCN1539.JPG

DSCN1538.JPG

Nice looking TJ and good choice on having it retire the XJ. I graduated to TJs from XJs as well.

While XJs are fun, they'll never be the same thing as owning a Wrangler, that's for sure.

Nice looking TJ and good choice on having it retire the XJ. I graduated to TJs from XJs as well.

While XJs are fun, they'll never be the same thing as owning a Wrangler, that's for sure.

Thanks and you are right; two entirely different animals. That XJ still has plenty of life left and I really hate to get rid of it but my time with it is at an end. I have maintained the vital components on a regular basis. It would be a good platform for someone looking for a project but the TJ is my new one.

Reactions: Chris