TJ trackbar on a 2WD XJ?

06LJR

Lifetime Supporting Member
Does anyone have experience with running a TJ front trackbar on a late model XJ?

I have a friend with a 2001 Cherokee who needs a new trackbar. I'd like to get an adjustable trackbar for my TJ. Would save us some money if I could put my good OEM trackbar on her XJ. Both OEM replacements use the same end connections, but I don't know if they have the length.

Does anyone know if these two are compatible enough?
Thanks in advance.

And the answer, in case this may help someone someday, is yes, and no.
Yes a stock TJ front trackbar will bolt onto an XJ and vice-versa, but the lengths are different which shifts the axle.
Now if you're talking about an adjustable trackbar, then no problem, they are interchangeable. Or if the XJ is slightly lifted, that should work too. But stock for stock, the trackbars are not the same.

It's about damn time that somebody finally answered this question.:p

FWIW, if I had seen the OP early on I would have bumped it to the top by replying with I don't know.

Now I'm curious about something else that I don't know. Not that I'll be switching them up but, which stock track bar is longer and which one is shorter?

And the answer, in case this may help someone someday, is yes, and no.
Yes a stock TJ front trackbar will bolt onto an XJ and vice-versa, but the lengths are different which shifts the axle.
Now if you're talking about an adjustable trackbar, then no problem, they are interchangeable. Or if the XJ is slightly lifted, that should work too. But stock for stock, the trackbars are not the same.

how far off are they? You seem to imply that it's within the adjustment range of a typical adjustable trackbar.

Y'all guys, man!
OK, the TJ is longer, but I don't have an exact measurement. Between 1/8" and 1/4" maybe? So yeah, if you get an adjustable trackbar for 0-2" lift or whatever I think you'd be set.

Reactions: freedom_in_4low