TJ up and coming collectible

The more that get cut up into trail rigs the more money clean ones will bring. I wonder how many TJs have been lost due to over modification, wrecks and rusted away to nothing in the North East.

The only problem with the TJ is the aftermarket support for bring one back to stock is not robust at all. Ya, if you want to aftermarket the crap out of it, there are lots of options, but if you're looking to "restore" one good luck finding factory correct seat covers, etc.

I saw that video too.

As long as it’s stock or can be returned to stock pretty easily.
This has been my theory since getting into the TJ scene. I bought my Rubicon from the original owner. It has some miles but it was mostly stock when I bought it. Even came with the window sticker.

I had big plans for it but now I really am just satisfied if it continues to run well and all my mods are bolt on. No cutting or welding is what I’m after. I figure one day there won’t be a ton around like mine if I stick to this.

The LJ is not going to replace the Bronco. I don't mind that they aren't going up in value. As a collector of other things, it isn't always great to really enjoy using something that becomes coveted. You get priced out of the market. I enjoy the stable/declining value of our Jeeps, it lets me relax and enjoy mine for what it is.

The LJ is not going to replace the Bronco. I don't mind that they aren't going up in value. As a collector of other things, it isn't always great to really enjoy using something that becomes coveted. You get priced out of the market. I enjoy the stable/declining value of our Jeeps, it lets me relax and enjoy mine for what it is.
The LJ already is coveted. Give it another 10 years.

My 03' Sahara was all stock other than the 31-10.5 tires. I just added the H&R 1" spring set and a winch/winch plate on the stock front bumper and that's about as far as I'm going. Put the original springs back in and 30-9.5 tires on it and it's back to stock. Well, and the soft top since the build sheet says it came with only the soft top. I do have an aftermarket hard top for the winter.

They made a lot of them but at the rate the are rusting out it's already getting difficult to find one with a solid frame.

In 20 years, an LJR may be slightly more sought after than a CJ8 Scrambler is today. But is a TJ sport ever going to be collectible? Probably not.

I'll hopefully have a small collection of TJ's, but I don't think they will become collectible. I don't view Collins as some sort of expert on the topic either 🙃