TJ went into limp mode and threw a P0016 code after changing OPDA

IDAHO_LJ

I have an 06 LJR with 74000 miles and with no symptoms and decided to change OPDA as a preventative knowing the issue with 05 and 06 factory OPDA. I used the crown 53010624AC and the factory sensor after reading several threads saying don’t use the new one.
Jeep started right up but then went into limp mode with code P0016.

Adjust the OPDA slightly one way or the other.

Or try to find a shop that can do the cam/crank sensor alignment with the proper tester.

Reactions: Jezza
Ok, I did notice that it had a little play when it was all the way in so I just turned it as far clockwise as it would go and tightened it down. I will try a bit counter clockwise.

Adjust the OPDA slightly one way or the other.

Or try to find a shop that can do the cam/crank sensor alignment with the proper tester.
I moved it counter counterclockwise just a tad and it still starts fine but still have engine light. does disconnecting battery reset the p0016 code? seems To rev above 3000 rpm now or does limp mode only apply when in gear? it is 6speed standard

IF the crank pulley was at TDC and the holes were lined up between the housing and the plate during removal and installation; the new OPDA should reinstall without any moving around afterwards.
IF the CEL returns; recheck your CPS installation.

Sorry for any redundancy, I am getting ready to do the same preventive maintenance on my '05 LJ. I just want to verify I am ordering the correct item. I currently have the "LDI 53010624AC-4253-Rev B" OPDA installed. (picture below) As I understand, this is the original (faulty) unit.

The Crown ‎53010624AC (specs below) is the correct replacement for my '05 LJ. It is a little confusing since they both have the same base part number. (53010624AC)

TIA for any clarification!

OEM OPDA.png

Crown OPDA.png

Sorry for any redundancy, I am getting ready to do the same preventive maintenance on my '05 LJ. I just want to verify I am ordering the correct item. I currently have the "LDI 53010624AC-4253-Rev B" OPDA installed. (picture below) As I understand, this is the original (faulty) unit.

The Crown ‎53010624AC (specs below) is the correct replacement for my '05 LJ. It is a little confusing since they both have the same base part number. (53010624AC)

TIA for any clarification!

View attachment 329718

View attachment 329719
The crown unit is the one you want. I wouldn't worry about the parts number.

Thanks for the response! Definitely keeping the old sensor.

Getting ready to order from Summit Racing. Seems like they have the best price at the moment. Any experience with Summit, good or bad?

OPDA - Summit Racing.png