TJBob's 1999 Jeep Wrangler Sport

TJBob

TJ Enthusiast
Hey guys, brand new to the thread.
Just want to say hello, and share some pictures of my Tj.

Reactions: Chris
Oh, I’m just joshing with you. There’s a whole thread on here about that topic somewhere.

Nice rig. Welcome to the forum.

Reactions: TJBob
Nice ride!
So is the receiver tied into the rear bumper? Or is it a separate piece? Is it stout?

I have one that is tied into the bumper & honestly it's not capable of handling more than about 50 lbs tongue weight.

Nice ride!
So is the receiver tied into the rear bumper? Or is it a separate piece? Is it stout?

I have one that is tied into the bumper & honestly it's not capable of handling more than about 50 lbs tongue weight.
No I believe it’s a draw tight or Reese. It’s mounted to the chassis. Just a stock, plane Jane rear bumper w/o the plastic end caps.

Reactions: Airjunky
Poor man's edit.
On a serious note, what are your plans with it, both build wise and wheeling wise?

Build wise... every time I think I have my build a plan lined out, I find something else that is wrong with the the Jeep or the plan lol! Poor Jeep is a mess. But hey I’m learning. I’ve learned a lot already from the short time I’ve been on this forum. Have lots left to learn as well.

Ultimate goals, replacing the shit show of mods PO has done to it. I’m going to replace the 4” skyjacker lift with Currie or savvy. Antirock Sway bar for the front, In the next few years it’s getting a new frame, current one has had some backyard repairs done to it. It’s solid for now, but Indiana winters are harsh. UCF no body lift skid. JB SS SYE with woods shaft. RGA super 35 with E-locker for the rear. RGA chromoly in the front. Undecided weather or not to lock the front or keep it open. May do Warn lockouts on it as well. Staying with 35’s, Regear to 4.88. Some rock sliders, Warn winch, and back bumper or tire carrier. That’s the meat and potatoes of “the plan” at this point anyway.

As far as wheeling... My goals are to have a Jeep that I can take my family on camping trips/wheeling trips. I want to find a decent balance of ability. Something that can handle most of what I throw at it, and still be steerable and be as safe as I can make it. Being that I’m in Indiana, it probably won’t see much rock unless we take a trip out west at some point (I’d love to wheel in Moab at some point). So lots of mud, hills, logs, and snow.

Other than basic Maintenance, only mods I have personally done are the Bestop, Currie currectlync steering, Rancho shocks, and had the rust bucket frame patched up on the cheap to get by for awhile.