TJs trying to look like a JL

This guy actually did a really nice custom set-up with his on his Jeep he restored from the ground up at the car show last year.
Not over the top, but notice the fender lights.
I agree though, personally not my cup of tea,
View attachment 302511
I can't tell if you're serious or joking...

Reactions: TheBoogieman
I've always thought the JK Dumbo Ears looked fairly good as they drove towards me and they're not going to rust through so that's even better. I wonder what happens when they're pushed in by various small trees, vines and/or whatevers. Do they snap back or do they end up cracking? Probably depends on how far they're pushed in and the ambient temperature, who knows? I do know that the stock TJ fenders don't hold up as well as the CJ and YJ fenders which don't necessarily do so good either.

Look at the very leading edge, not the side marker lights. There is a thin LED strip in the fender. Its pretty well done.

I didn't see those the first time either. I couldn't have used them on my old YJ anyway. There was way too much bondo in my fenders in that area after I collected an 8-point buck early one morning on my way to work.

Reactions: Mike_H
Nope but did see a JK made to look like a old Wagon

jk1.jpg

JK.jpg

The old Wagon

JK2.jpg

I never liked the JK look from the front. The short grill slots, fenders... never looked right to me. They fixed all of that with the JL and it looks great imo, probably because in my mind it looks more like a TJ. Something about moving the turn signals back to the front of the fenders. In fact, I frequently mistake two door JLs for TJs at night when all I can see is the headlights and general shape if they don't have the LED package.
I do the exact same thing. If they aren't the LED package JL, then at night when you don't know any better, they honestly look exactly like a TJ. The only thing that gives it away if you really pay attention is the turn signal housings are skinnier and longer rather than being chunky rectangles on the TJ. But again, at a distance it's near impossible to tell. I really like the way Jeep did the JL. I really like the LED package version though. Never liked JKs at all.

Reactions: PRNDL