TJX's 2006 Jeep Wrangler X

TJX

Hey guys! I actually don't totally own this yet but it's as good as mine so I'm already planning and sharing. Long story short I'm getting a great deal on a damaged but fixable TJ X from my brother. It's got 132k on the odometer but he drives it like a grandma. It's been his DD for 10 years and he's never even had the top off. Unfortunately, he was rear ended on the highway and took a little body damage. The insurance company won't fix it and he kinda wants a new Wrangler anyway so this one is mine once he completes that. It's already been inspected and there's no frame damage. He's still using it as his DD.

This is the only pic I have for now but I'll update once I get more!

TJX1.jpg

And the crash was a long time ago and the people that hit him are fine, so I feel comfortable sharing this picture. Anyway, in case you wondered how tough she is...here's the other guy...

NotTJX.jpg

Reactions: Chris
It is amazing how little damage can be done to a wrangler while inflicting ridiculous damage on the other vehicle. I had a women rear end my JKU..I had a small scratch on the vinyl covering of my rear tow hook. Her hood was folded into the windshield (cracked it bad) from my spare tire, radiator busted, while the tow hook went through her front bumper!

Reactions: KCsTJ
Oh yeah. They're monsters. He's nailed a couple deer with it too and if it wasn't for random tufts of hair, you'd never know!

I'm always shocked at accidents involving Wranglers as well. Anytime I see them, it's always like the other vehicle got obliterated, whereas the Wrangler remained mostly intact.

I wonder if any of that has to do with body-on-frame versus unibody?

Anyways, I look forward to more photos!

I'm always shocked at accidents involving Wranglers as well. Anytime I see them, it's always like the other vehicle got obliterated, whereas the Wrangler remained mostly intact.

I wonder if any of that has to do with body-on-frame versus unibody?

Anyways, I look forward to more photos!
Height of the vehicle has to play a part in that, bumpers are mounted much more solidly than the plastic/foam filled crap of most other vehicles.

Height of the vehicle has to play a part in that, bumpers are mounted much more solidly than the plastic/foam filled crap of most other vehicles.

Very true. The spare tire on the rear of the Wrangler also has to count for something as well. I suspect that does a lot of damage to the impacting vehicle.

I have a buddy that's a union welder so I'm thinking I'm just going to have him take care of this. I'm actually considering...and I'd love your opinions...about having him do a thick weld. By that, I mean, instead of trying to piece it in seamlessly; have him put a nice half inch bead along the panel. Then doing the same on the other side to match it all up. You think that would look nice?

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/...3cmFuZ2xlciZ5PTIwMDYmdD14JmU9NC0wbC1sNi1nYXM=

I have a buddy that's a union welder so I'm thinking I'm just going to have him take care of this. I'm actually considering...and I'd love your opinions...about having him do a thick weld. By that, I mean, instead of trying to piece it in seamlessly; have him put a nice half inch bead along the panel. Then doing the same on the other side to match it all up. You think that would look nice?

https://parts.moparonlineparts.com/oem-parts/mopar-corner-panel-55175665/?c=Zz1ib2R5JnM9dW5pc2lkZSZpPVdKOTc1MzA1JnI9MyZhPWplZXAmbz13cmFuZ2xlciZ5PTIwMDYmdD14JmU9NC0wbC1sNi1nYXM=

If he does a good job, it should look great. That's an OE Mopar piece, so it will fit nicely unlike that aftermarket Chinese shit they make for replacement body panels (never looks perfect unless you do lots of work).

Reactions: TJX